On this week's episode Sean catches up with Ted Johnson, Chief Strategy Officer from the Minnesota Timberwolves for a second time to discuss the clubs new brand and buildings to help the Timberwolves business grow.
On this podcast you'll learn about:
- How Ted and Sean's chat back in episode 65 has come to fruition with the launch of the practice facility and renovation of the Target Centre
- “Bringing the basketball and the business closer together”, how the new facilities are connecting the business operations to the centre and team itself
- How crisis mode kicked in when the Timberwolves had to cancel a game for the first time at the Target Centre in 30 years
- Rebranding the team and what the new logo represents both on and off the court and the positivity it generates from fans
- Breaking into the China market with a game being played next season and what that means for growth of the Timberwolves brand
Resources from the podcast
- Thanks again to Ted Johnson from Minnesota Timberwolves, follow him on Twitter @WolvesCMO and LinkedIn
- Follow Minnesota Timberwolves on Twitter @Timberwolves, Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat
- Articles of interest:
- Other Sports Geek podcast episodes you might be interested in:
Sign up for these
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
- Have you joined the world's largest #SportsBiz Slack Community?
- Looking for a new gig? Sign up for Sports Geek Job Alerts
Some tweets you may have missed
Welcome to the New Era
Welcome to the New Era. #NewEraNewLook pic.twitter.com/STDKfWVMrJ
— Timberwolves (@Timberwolves) April 12, 2017
Fan art Friday
This week's #FanArtFriday of Ricky Rubio is 🔥 (via IG slam.dsgn) pic.twitter.com/sqq7eehQ2Z
— Timberwolves (@Timberwolves) May 26, 2017
Fly through Target Centre renovations
Start your day with a fly-through tour of the @TargetCenterMN renovations. #TCReimagined pic.twitter.com/y4f34DoFkt
— TC Renovation (@tc_renovation) May 24, 2017
New Era New Look mural
Amazing timelapse footage of the #NewEraNewLook mural that went up at Logan Park during #ArtAWhirl weekend. pic.twitter.com/8IgZCRTk7q
— Timberwolves (@Timberwolves) May 22, 2017
Rookies first year in review
Relive the rookie's first season in the NBA in this week's photo gallery!
📷: https://t.co/vUkO92Ppuk pic.twitter.com/3T3lsyD2F4
— Timberwolves (@Timberwolves) May 24, 2017
How to subscribe to Sports Geek Podcast
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek