Sean has known Dan Butterly for over 15 years, finally Dan makes his way to Melbourne.
On this Sports Geek Podcast you will learn:
- How the Mountain West value data
- Why the Las Vegas is the destination for basketball tournaments
- How the Mountain West deliver content to fans without a subscriber model
- How data helps Dan ensure Mountain West Basketball tournament keeps delivering for fans
- Will the Mountain West play a Bowl game in Melbourne
Resources from the podcast
- Connect with Dan Butterly on Twitter (@DanButterly) and on Linkedin
- Check out Mountain West – TheMWC.com
- Follow @MountainWest on Twitter and @KatieCavender as mentioned by Dan
- Listen to Dan way back on episode 19
- Congrats to Melbourne Victory winning the #ALeagueGF, congrats to Arthur Gillion
- Best of luck to FFA's Brian Gibson who finished up at the #ALeagueGF
- Join #SportsBizMelb to connect with Melbourne's sports business community
- Grab your ticket to @SEATConference
- San Francisco 19-22 July 2015 – SPECIAL SPORTS GEEK OFFER – Australian & NZ attendees – Convince your boss with this download
- Like SEAT on Facebook and follow @SEATconference on Twitter
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
Want to see Bulldogs TV made back over 15 years ago.
Posts from #SportsBizMelb
"The biggest way to engage during dead time in sports is social media," @DanButterly #SportsBizMelb
— Gen Simmons (@gensimmons1) May 12, 2015
Tweets on the screen always popular.
Another #SportsBizMelb event. This time @thehoneybar with @DanButterly. Get me on the screen cc: @tommyheddon pic.twitter.com/ltFLzOJvO4
— Greg Oakford (@GregOakford) May 12, 2015
@SportsGeek Great night of networking and very informative chat – was my first one, you've set the bar very high!! Great job! #SportsBizMelb
— Oliver Reid (@OllyReid82) May 12, 2015
Congrats Mark on winning the @sfgiants headphones
Great night topped off by a door prize. Great to meet @DanButterly thanks #SportsBizMelb for a great night. pic.twitter.com/b6KhTp2bO7
— Mark Witte (@MarkWittePhoto) May 12, 2015
See you at the next one
Feel like you missed out at #SportsBizMelb tonight?
Join the Meetup nowhttp://t.co/5RflQeyBoJ pic.twitter.com/p85xj5D3KN
— Sean Callanan (@seancallanan) May 12, 2015
How can we help you?
Want to join Sean at SEAT 2015?
Sports Geek Podcast by the numbers
Dan Butterly on marketing the Mountain West Transcription
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek