On this week's episode Sean catches up with his roommate from SXSW Conference, Lenny Goh Director of Business Development from Tradable Bits. Sean and Lenny discuss their highlights and main takeaways from the conference.
On this podcast you'll learn about:
- Bots are the new website and how sports teams will try and implement these into their strategy
- Storytelling is alive and well
- Muppet men talking – The engaging chat with Frank Oz and Leonard Maltin, great insight into a successful team
- The future is esports and how this will change our digital and sporting landscape in the future
- VR is not quite there yet, whilst there was lots of buzz last year, it hadn't progressed much since then
- Fun fact that links Lenny with our podcast guest from episode 140, Kevin Kinghorn
Resources from the podcast
- Thanks again to Lenny Goh from Tradable Bits, follow him on Twitter @LennyGoh, LinkedIn and Instagram
- Follow Tradable Bits on Twitter @TradableBits and Facebook
- Other Sports Geek podcast episodes you might be interested in:
Sign up for these
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
- Have you joined the world's largest #SportsBiz Slack Community?
- Looking for a new gig? Sign up for Sports Geek Job Alerts
Some tweets you may have missed
High five to Sean's new Snapchat Spectacles
Very nice. Hi 5! 🙏🏼 #sxsw @seancallanan @TAdamMartin pic.twitter.com/oAtbnACQRP
— Lenny Goh 🇨🇦 (@lennygoh) March 10, 2017
Facebook Sports events
Kicking it at #FacebookSports #sxsw event. pic.twitter.com/abPUCCX2pv
— Lenny Goh 🇨🇦 (@lennygoh) March 12, 2017
Stadiums of the future
#sxsw #SXsports on stadium design for esports including seats for spectators with haptic feedback pic.twitter.com/od1EAIadz9
— Sean Callanan (@seancallanan) March 12, 2017
Preview of @30for30 Podcasts #sxsw #SXsports #danvsdave pic.twitter.com/2BEM2FO8tC
— Sean Callanan (@seancallanan) March 14, 2017
No more cutouts of the President allowed!
Partying with the PM @JustinTrudeau & @Taggio 🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🍻 #SXSW pic.twitter.com/wC9Zq0DMKU
— Lenny Goh 🇨🇦 (@lennygoh) March 13, 2017
Thanks for the review on iTunes
I love the insights that Sean and his guests offer to sports marketeers around the globe. Many times the advice comes in very useful and easy to implement. Keep it up!
Join #SportsBiz Slack community
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek