On this week's episode Sean catches up with Kevin Kinghorn, Senior Director – Digital and Marketing for Vancouver Canucks to discuss their digital strategies on building relationships with their fans.
On this podcast you'll learn about:
- How they are building the relationship with the fan and treating them as members of the Canucks family
- How brand campaigns have changed over the past five years and the role that digital plays
- Personalising their approach with the fan and taking them on a journey
- Converting fan experiences into ticket sales, one touch point isn't enough
- In digital age where technology is shiny and new, often simplicity is best
- Sean's highlights from his recent US Sports Geek trip
Resources from the podcast
- Thanks again to Kevin Kinghorn from Vancouver Canucks, follow him on Twitter @Kevin_Kinghorn and LinkedIn
- Worth reading – Lessons from the Digital Strategy Conference in Vancouver
- Follow Vancouver Canucks on Twitter @Canucks, Instagram, Facebook and Snapchat
- Other Sports Geek podcast episodes you might be interested in:
Sign up for these:
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
- Have you joined the world's largest #SportsBiz Slack Community?
- Looking for a new gig? Sign up for Sports Geek Job Alerts
Some tweets you may have missed
The day that was for Brock Boser
From rink arrival to being named the game's first star, watch the day that was for @BBoeser16. pic.twitter.com/5JQvoyVjL4
— Vancouver Canucks (@Canucks) March 26, 2017
Nothing like winning on the road
#CANUCKS WIN!!!! Dominant road performance as #Canucks beat Wild 4-2. pic.twitter.com/5dpgFRZOtv
— Vancouver Canucks (@Canucks) March 25, 2017
Making wishes come true
A friend is always there for you. Good thing Matt's best friend, and new friend, @BoHorvat, were there to help make his wish come true. pic.twitter.com/gVujDXFMXu
— Vancouver Canucks (@Canucks) March 23, 2017
Thanks for the review on iTunes
in iTunes by Dave Wakeman from USA on February 27, 2017
Sean does a fantastic job of getting great guests that provide various POVs and ideas that aren't always best practices in sports. If you are in sports business or interested in sports business, check it out.
Join #SportsBiz Slack community
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek