This week on Sports Geek Podcast it’s Cricket season as summer hits down under and England are taking on Australia in the Ashes. With Francis on ABC Grandstand look at mobile apps and where does audio and live play by play fit in? On Harftime we chat about YouTube, is it just for viral hits? How can sports leverage viral videos.
On this podcast you’ll find out about:
- New Cricket Australia app with Channel Nine
- Current stoush between ABC and CA over radio and digital rights
- How Indian cricket fans said #ThankYouSachin
- How YouTube clip at Celtics game helped Bon Jovi revive an old hit
- What you can do to drive traffic from you YouTube videos
- How the NBA had one of it's most popular Instagram videos
Like this episode? please leave a review in iTunes.
Resources from the episode
- ABC Grandstand stoush with Cricket Australia
- Buy Cricket Live season pass for $20
- SGP episode with Russell Scibetti – we chat about Ashes
- Download Cricket Australia app here
- Download ECB app here
- Cricinfo app here
- #ThankYouSachin used by @BCCI using DigiGraph, they tweeted over 150,000 times in 3 days (via TwitterCounter.com/BCCI)
@seancallanan Sean click here http://t.co/fR52HMFEMT for your Sachin Tendulkar personalized digital autograph.
— BCCI (@BCCI) November 6, 2013
- Gary Vanyerchuk on big mistake on Twitter
- YouTube clips discussed on HarfTime
- Check out #SuperAwesomeMicroProject, launching soon.
- Sounds of the game thanks to OKC Thunder fan via this Facebook post watch his Youtube video.
- Ep #27 dedicated to Bucks Zaza Pachulia, thanks to Dan Harbison for the nomination.
- Like Francis Leach on Facebook and follow @SaintFrankly on Twitter
- Like HarfTime on Facebook and follow @HarfSerious on Twitter
- Thanks for iTunes reviews in Australian iTunes and USA iTunes.
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
New Sports Geek V3.0 Sneakers
New @SportsGeek sneakers were unveiled on Facebook and Instagram last week.
Social Media Post of the Week
This week's winner is the NBA for it's quick Instagram work to get Dwyane Wade cartwheel video bomb getting twice the likes than normal posts. Please tweet in your nominations for social media post of the week to @SportsGeek or @seancallanan.
Closing 2 Cents
Listening via iTunes?
Subscribe to the Sports Geek Podcast in iTunes, if you liked the episode please leave a review on iTunes and help spread the word on your networks. Thanks in advance.
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek