Wow EPISODE 10, we've hit double figures for Sports Geek Podcast. Thanks for the support on this podcast we catch up with Russell Scibetti from TheBusinessOfSports.com to discuss sports business and more specifically sports CRM. Russell will be presenting at SEAT Conference and announce SEAT Conference the presenting partner of the Sports Geek Podcast. We look at Twitter takeovers and how to handle Facebook moderation on your brand or team Facebook page.
More specifically, in this podcast you’ll find out about:
- How Twitter creates a shared experience for fans
- How a 19 year old cricketer shows Facebook is a player for viral content
- Why email is still king in sports
- The other “MoneyBall” how analytics is changing the business side of sports
- Who is the Godfather of CRM?
- Why Twitter takeovers are a bad idea
- What to watch for if you run a Twitter takeover
- Why you need a conversation plan for Twitter especially
- How to determine what to do with Facebook comments in foreign languages
- Options for dealing with poor or abusive Facebook comments
Resources from the episode
- Find Russell Scibetti on Twitter (@rscibetti) and Linkedin and at TheBusinessOfSports.com
- Russell to interview Paul Greenberg, Author of “CRM at the Speed of Light” at SEAT 2013
- Register for SEAT 2013 including 3 for 2 offer and 4 for 3 offer
- Email smashes social for sales from Wired.com
- Stuart Broad walking controversy in the Ashes
- Ashton Agar trends on Twitter and Facebook (Sir Ashton Agar) after remarkable debut
- Top 3 SGP episodes
- Twitter Takeovers review from @CadChica
- Some tweets from @AFL Twitter takeover, including some confusing tweets like this one which was replied to by @AFL
- Join #SBChat each week for great #sportsbiz chat with Lou & JW
- How to run a Twitter chat and Twitter Chat Guide for download
- Thanks to North Queensland Cowboys for Sounds of the Game
On iTunes? Subscribe to the Sports Geek Podcast in iTunes, if you liked the episode please leave comment or rating.
If you have a question for the podcast please leave it using Speakpipe plugin on the left of this page.
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek