Welcome to the first of what I hope are many Sports Geek Podcasts, hope you enjoy it as much as I do making it.
In this podcast we talk to James Royer (@JamesRoyer) from Tampa Bay Lightning about #BoltsSocialCentral on ABC Grandstand Digital with Francis Leach. On HarfTime with Daniel Harford this week I discussed how to handle emotional fan feedback on social media platforms, when to block and when to forgive fans.
More specifically, in this podcast you’ll find out about:
- Why Tampa Bay Lightning decided against selling final corner of stadium to sponsors.
- How cupcakes make sports fans sell their “digital soul”.
- What sports teams can learn from talk back radio.
- Does Seth Godin have the best description for sports digital fans?
- How to deal with passionate sports fans when the team is not performing.
- How to build Infographics quickly and easily using Infogr.am.
Resources from the episode
- #SportsGeekTrip Recap – findings from meetings with Twitter, Tint, Pinterest, Golden State Warriors, List.ly, Oakland A's, Chirpify, Ticketnet, Portland Trailblazers, #SMMW13 and LA Galaxy
- Podcasts I mentioned for inspiring me – BS Report, The Basketball Jones, Wil Anderson‘s TOFOP, Pat Flynn
- #TwitterBrekky recap from last year in Melbourne and Sydney
- Article profiling #BoltsSocialCentral and cupcakes worth tweeting about
- SEAT Conference in Kansas City in August, see you there! #SEAT2012 was a blast.
- Seth Godin's post
- Melbourne Storm infographics on Pinterest
- Sports Geek on Infogr.am
On iTunes? Subscribe to the Sports Geek Podcast in iTunes, if you liked the episode please leave comment or rating.
Don't use iTunes? Subscribe using this feed
Thanks for tuning in, I'd love your feedback in the comments or send me a tweet @seancallanan