In this Sports Geek Podcast we chat to Dan Butterly from the Mountain West looking back on how the conference started and how they developed a fan base and brand for the conference over last 10 years. Twitter does a deal with NFL what does it mean for sports fans in NFL and other sports and how does Facebook counter to show it's dominance online?
More specifically, in this podcast you’ll find out about:
- Why Mountain West was formed.
- How the digital landscape has changed in past 14 years for college sports
- Why the Mountain West TV network was vital early on
- Importance of fan research for Mountain West
- Why the ESPN deal was so important to the fans for Mountain West
- What the NFL Twitter deal means for sports fans
- How Fox Sports will report Facebook chatter
- Why Telstra continue to misfire on NRL activations
Resources from the episode
NFL Tweets with embedded video
Hopefully my achilles recovery is this successful.
Facebook and TV
Subscribe to the Sports Geek Podcast in iTunes, if you liked the episode please leave a comment or rating.
If you have a question for the podcast please leave it using Speakpipe plugin on the left of this page.