In this week's Sports Geek Podcast we have a good chat with Christine Stoffel from SEAT about SEAT Conference and announce SEAT Conference as presenting partner of the Sports Geek Podcast, we look forward to seeing you in Kansas City in August. On HarfTime we discuss the darker side of Twitter where fans can get very ugly as we take a look at some of the abuse newly crowned Marion Bartoli received this week.
More specifically, in this podcast you’ll find out about:
- How SEAT started 7 years ago
- Development of SEAT from IT & CIO beginnings to include CRM & Social
- How Christine leverages SEAT steering committee to develop conference agenda
- Understand what athletes face on social media from ugly fans
- How Twitter are looking to solve troll problems for athletes
- Strategy behind the long wait for Manchester United joining Twitter
Thanks again for the feedback, very humbled to see Sports Geek Podcast to see over 2500 downloads so far. If you have shared it with friends or colleagues thank you very much.
Resources from the episode
- Find Christine Stoffel on Twitter (@CBRCIO) and Linkedin
- Check out the SEAT Steering Committee who helped build SEAT Conference agenda
- Register for SEAT 2013 including 3 for 2 offer and 4 for 3 offer
- Scenes from last year's @SEATConference when #SEAT2013 joined #BOLTING craze
- Public Shaming post on Darker side of Twitter
- You can find Manchester United on Twitter @ManUtd gaining 350K followers in first day
- Why did it take so long for Manchester United to join Twitter?
- Our discussion of Manchester United on Twitter (or absence) from SGP 002
- Listen to Chris Zeppenfeld from Bobcats who spoke at SEAT last year on SGP 004
- Dwight Howard can't say I'm going to Houston in under 140 characters.
On iTunes? Subscribe to the Sports Geek Podcast in iTunes, if you liked the episode please leave comment or rating.
If you have a question for the podcast please leave it using Speakpipe plugin on the left of this page.
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek