On this week's episode Sean visits San Diego State University to chat with Scott Minto about their Sports MBA program and why sports teams need “the best of the best”. Sean also shares his recap of last week's SEAT Conference (Part 1).
On this podcast you'll learn about:
- How the Sports MBA differs from the standard MBA
- How an MBA prepares you for the sports business
- How new and emerging technologies are changing the sports job market
- What Scott believes are the key benefits of completing the SDSU MBA
- How the SDSU alumni both leverage and contribute to the SDSU Sports MBA
- The key takeaways from Sean's workshop with SDSU students
- Sean's highlights from SEAT Conference in Atlanta including data focus and valuing sponsorship with data and analytics
Resources from the podcast
- Thanks again to Scott Minto from SDSU Sports MBA Program, follow him on Twitter @SDSUSportsMBA and LinkedIn
- FollowSDSU Sports MBA Program on Facebook and Instagram
- Follow Sports Geek on Twitter @SportsGeek, Facebook and Instagram
- Follow Sean Callanan on Twitter @SeanCallanan, Facebook and Instagram
- Other Sports Geek podcast episodes you might be interested in:
Sign up for these
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
- Have you joined the world's largest #SportsBiz Slack Community?
- Looking for a new gig? Sign up for Sports Geek Job Alerts
Some tweets you may have missed
Recapping SEAT as part of my workshop at SDSU
What's the best way to cap #SeatAtlanta17 ? A guest lecture from @SportsGeek in San Diego! Thanks for spending time with us Sean. #sportsbiz pic.twitter.com/B9VqInLGII
— Jackson Dargan (@jacksoncdargan) July 20, 2017
One of the best sports programs in the world!
SDSU's Sports MBA program was recently recognized as one of the world's best sports business programs. Learn more: https://t.co/O3Flm24RD2 pic.twitter.com/ALTLW5QwcL
— San Diego State (@SDSU) July 13, 2017
Students on tour
Our students toured Campo Las Palmas, the @dodgers facility in D.R.🇩🇴, today. Met two great executives & a very good dog. cc: @molly_knight pic.twitter.com/TvtOi2UDwz
— Scott Minto (@SDSUsportsMBA) June 24, 2017
Great session at SEAT
#SEATAtlanta panel discussion on sponsorship & digital a topic close to my heart & work pic.twitter.com/9Tkx5aA641
— Sean Callanan (@seancallanan) July 17, 2017
Great to tour NBA Digital studios
Fun way to finish #SEATAtlanta with a quick tour of @NBADigital studios.
Thanks @danielbru see you in Melbourne soon pic.twitter.com/RKRvxZn8vM
— Sean Callanan (@seancallanan) July 19, 2017
Thanks for the review on iTunes
★★★★★ in iTunes by JoMiLiDa_Murfett from Australia on June 30, 2017
I am constantly amazed by the combination of practical knowledge sharing and highly entertaining content in these episodes. Sean's network of sports professionals is remarkable and you can't help but marvel at the life he has carved out…. such an interesting niche. He's a top bloke and I'd recommend him to anyone interested in the intersection of business and sport.
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek