Sean catches up with Matt Henry from the NRL (National Rugby League) to discuss digital marketing, Facebook ads and influencer marketing.
On this Sports Geek Podcast you will learn:
- Why Sean is on snapchat
- Why NRL tackled Origin with a Mission Control
- How influencer marketing attracted interested from The Rock
- Why Matt is big on Facebook advertising
- How the NRL team got to play with beacons at Auckland 9s
- What Sean does in between podcasts
- How you can get free consulting from Sean
- Why you should attend SEAT in London
Resources from the podcast
- San Francisco 19-22 July 2015Connect with Matt Henry on Twitter (@matthenry22) and on Linkedin
- Connect with the National Rugby League on Facebook, Twitter (@NRL) & Instagram (@NRL)
- Join #SportsBizMelb to connect with Melbourne's sports business community
- Check out Russell Scibetti's #SBWeek
- Grab your ticket to @SEATConference
- San Francisco 19-22 July 2015 – SPECIAL SPORTS GEEK OFFER – Australian & NZ attendees
- SEAT London March 17 2015 – SECURE YOUR SPOT
- Contact Sean for Sports Geek consulting offer for SEAT LONDON attendees
- Contact Sean if you’re interested in the pre-SEAT trip taking in sports in Seattle, Portland & San Francisco
- Like SEAT on Facebook and follow @SEATconference on Twitter
- Join Sean at Social Media Marketing World in San Diego
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
Posts from NRL you may have missed
Here is a sample of influencer content produced for Origin
@TheRock Check out the State of Origin tonight! QLD are in the "Hard place", we could use @TheRock on our side #QLDER pic.twitter.com/rwg1Mc3WZQ
— Queensland Maroons (@QLDmaroons) June 18, 2014
What we do
Final spots for SEAT London
Want to join Sean at SEAT 2015?
Sports Geek Podcast by the numbers
Join Sean at #SEATLondon and #SBWeek
Join Sean at Lord's in London for #SEATLondon, grab your ticket now.
Contact Sean to claim 30 minute free Sports Geek Consulting session for #SEATLondon attendees.
Attendees include Arsenal, Manchester City, Manchester United, San Francisco 49ers, Atlanta Braves, English Cricket Board, MLBAM, New York Giants, Team GB, West Ham and more.
Join Sports Business Melbourne on Meetup?
Be sure to join Sports Business Melbourne on Meetup.com and get ready for #SBWeek.
SAVE THE DATE – MONDAY APRIL 13
Matt Henry on NRL, Auckland 9s & Origin Transcription
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek