Sean catches up with Eric Blankenship, Manager – Vice President of Marketing at Tampa Bay Lightning – Tampa Bay Storm – Amalie Arena on the latest podcast.
On this podcast you'll learn about:
- How Eric started in his career and coming home to Tampa Bay
- What marketing strategies they are using to achieve season ticket sell outs
- What are the two types of Lightning fans
- How Lightning owner drives community feel for Lightning
- Why game experience is super important for Eric
- How the “Distant Thunder” plan connects fans all around the globe
Resources from the podcast
- Thanks again to Eric Blankenship from Tampa Bay Lightning, Tampa Bay Storm & Amalie Arena, connect with him on Twitter @EBlankenship and on Linkedin
- Connect with Tampa Bay Lightning on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Connect with Tampa Bay Storm on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Connect with Amalie Arena on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Other links from the chat with Eric
- Thanks to all those who supported my SXSW Panel Picker – we will keep you posted!
- Other podcasts that may interest you
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
- Have you joined the world's largest #SportsBiz Slack Community?
Some tweets you may have missed
“My name is Rafael Amarente”
"My name is Rafael Amarante."
More on the #DistantThunder coming soon…https://t.co/SCbobqOnhi
— Tampa Bay Lightning (@TBLightning) February 21, 2016
We started with 32, but there can only be one…
Your #BestOfTheBolts winner? #Klutcherov. pic.twitter.com/haazMxgX4N
— Tampa Bay Lightning (@TBLightning) September 5, 2016
Based on a variety of different factors, @TurnkeySports ranks us 1️⃣ across the NHL for overall game day experience. pic.twitter.com/ljSiJ6mRBq
— Tampa Bay Lightning (@TBLightning) August 24, 2016
Learning from one of the greats
“In order to be great, you have to learn from the greats.”@tonydungy visits the #TBStorm: https://t.co/xLW5UfNj9P pic.twitter.com/jdsR0hJkVW
— Tampa Bay Storm (@TampaBayStorm) June 23, 2016
Are we talkin' teams? 💍⚡️#SummerSixteenTour pic.twitter.com/iSTszJkKRp
— Amalie Arena (@AmalieArena) August 28, 2016
Nothing better. Happy #813Day, Tampa! 😍 pic.twitter.com/aU2gA9p9OD
— Amalie Arena (@AmalieArena) August 13, 2016
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek
Listen to Sports Geek
Thanks for the review on iTunes
I never miss an episode
in iTunes by Marty Jaynes from UK on March 31, 2016