On this week's episode Sean catches up with Chris Wagner, EVP and Co-Founder at NeuLion to chat about the changing landscape of sports consumption. NeuLion is the global leader in bringing content directly to customers on every device imaginable.
On this podcast you'll learn about:
- Where NeuLion started in 2004 focussing on sports to today streaming 63,000 live sports events last year
- The technological landscape and how it's changed since NeuLion began and where it is headed
- The change in viewer consumption and the demise of the TV as the traditional screen to consume
- The challenge of keeping up with the demand for content and the fans wanting to be inside the inner sanctum of sporting clubs
- The importance of the consumer to have the ability to personalise their viewing experience and how technology allows this service offer to cater for every fan
Resources from the podcast
- Thanks again to Chris Wagner from NeuLion, follow him on Twitter @WagCh01 and LinkedIn
- Follow NeuLion on Twitter @NeuLionInc, Facebook and Instagram
- Other Sports Geek podcast episodes you might be interested in:
Sign up for these
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
- Have you joined the world's largest #SportsBiz Slack Community?
- Looking for a new gig? Sign up for Sports Geek Job Alerts
- Sign up here to attend our next Free Digital Business Event on June 20 in Melbourne
Some tweets you may have missed
The team at WWDC2017
A couple of NeuLion employees headed to the west coast for #WWDC2017, learning about what's to come from @Apple pic.twitter.com/zFTVeh2cZB
— NeuLion Inc (@NeuLionInc) June 6, 2017
Future of Sports media panel
NeuLion's EVP, Chris Wagner on stage at #ctvs17 for the Future of Sports Media panel pic.twitter.com/eBjBz6xLah
— NeuLion Inc (@NeuLionInc) May 18, 2017
Sports Technology Awards for 4K Live streaming
Honored to receive the 2017 @SportTechAwards for 4K Live Streaming in the Best Digital TV Product or Broadcast Innovation category #STA2017 pic.twitter.com/U58HB7A5Ve
— NeuLion Inc (@NeuLionInc) May 4, 2017
NeuLion at NBA All Star Awards
Have you seen @NeuLionInc at the #NBAAllStar Weekend in #NOLA ? pic.twitter.com/k3SVr57O8P
— chris wagner (@wagch01) February 18, 2017
Are you coming to our next Digibiz event? June 20!
Great to see @sammartino's new book #TheLessonsSchoolForgot in poll position at Syd Airport, see him live on 20th https://t.co/htv0wJp9iI pic.twitter.com/gsF0soCknS
— Sean Callanan (@seancallanan) June 6, 2017
Thanks for the review on iTunes
Must Listen Sports Podcast
in iTunes by Willy Carter from Australia on March 26, 2017
This podcast provides great insight into the digital aspect of global sport. The interviews cover a range of topics all relevant to the off-field aspect of sport. Not a week passes without listening to an episode and a must subscribe for anyone working in the business side of sport. Highly recommend if you want to keep your finger on the pulse!!!
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek