On this week's podcast we chat with Chris Gross from Fox Sports Australia on what they are looking for in a social media manager and how the push content across over 30 social media accounts to engage a wide and diverse sports fan base. Jon Manning from Pricing Prophets joins us to discuss pricing models and how pricing is changing in the world of sports.
On this podcast you’ll find out about:
- The differences of working for large telco in social and a sports content business
- Difference between customer care, brand and sales in social media
- The best benefits of working at Fox Sports Australia
- How Chris breaks down strategy around Content, Process & People
- How Fox Sports Australia has trained editorial staff to monitor social for latest news
- What are the three major outputs for Fox Sports Australia on social media?
- Why Fox Sports want a frictionless experience for sports fans with social
- How Fox Sports using Live accounts for each sports to engage super avid sports fans
- Understanding different pricing models and what sports is adapting from industries like airlines
- Importance of pricing models and why segmentation is so important
- Appetite for risk is a big barrier for sports teams tackling pricing options
Like this episode? please leave a review in iTunes.
Hope to see you in Melbourne at #SportsGeekODE on March 31st.
Resources from the episode
- Follow @thechrisgross on Twitter and on Linkedin
- Check out Fox Sports Australia on Facebook and @FoxSportsAus
- Role of Social Media Manager that Chris is looking to fill
- Spredfast as discussed by Chris and used by Fox Sports Australia
- Lithium Technologies building new Fox Sports forums out soon
- Come along to DSLondon on April 22 when I'm in London
- Connect with Jon Manning as @SansPrix or @PricingProphets and on LinkedIn or at PricingProphets.com
- Listen Jon Manning discuss Pricing on Beers, Blokes & Business
- Listen to Larry Bush discussion on Loyalty Programs on ep 31
- How the LA Clippers delivered ticketing options to fans
- Jon on Tao of Sports Podcast ep 121 and Pricing Tao of Sports Google Hangout
- Ep #39 dedicated to Warwick Capper, taking a screamer for Swans
- Want to attend our Sports Geek ODE (One Day Educational) then sign up for Sports Geek News?
Social Media Post of the Week
Geelong Cats having a laugh on Twitter with at the expense of St Kilda.
Send in your nominations for best social media post of the week – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vine… for whatever reason fan engagement, sponsorship activation, cool content….
Closing 2 Cents
Listening via iTunes?
Subscribe to the Sports Geek Podcast in iTunes, if you liked the episode please leave a review on iTunes and help spread the word on your networks. Thanks in advance.
Follow Sports Geek on Soundcloud, all episodes available.
See you at Sports Geek One Day Educational Social Media Workshop?
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek