On this week's episode Sean catches up with Nigel Smart, Chief Operating Officer at Adelaide Football Club. Sean chats with Nigel about his football career at Adelaide Crows, his transition into business world and returning to the club and the expansion of the Crows business via AFLW and esports.
On this podcast you'll learn about:
- Nigel's transition from a AFL footballer and preparing for “life after football” and how he returned to the Adelaide FC
- What the Crows learned from the launch of the AFL Women's League and how they managed their resources internally to support it
- How the AFLW has bought growth to the club and engaged more women in football at the grass roots level
- What process they went through to become the first Australian sporting team to dive into esports acquiring Legacy esports team
- How esports can act as a new revenue stream for the club when traditional streams are becoming exhausted