Sports Geek News is curated via the social media channels of Sports Geek.
Follow Sean Callanan on Linkedin or follow @seancallanan on Twitter to see these articles as soon as we read them.
The articles that get the most clicks are included in Sports Geek News published weekly, you can sign up here.
Here are the top articles from January:
- LA Clippers launch AR fan competition
- How the Toronto Raptors became a global brand
- AS Roma to launch weekly Snapchat show. Nice work Paul Rogers
- SF Giants’ home now called Oracle Park after AT&T split
- Sports stars owed thousands after social media start-up collapse we don't need so many athlete media networks
- NHL puts chips in players and pucks to craft game of the future, nice play on data and tech
- A $500,000 Fortnite Tournament is happening at the Australian Open. Big News!
- NBA refs will interact with fans over social media during games What could go wrong? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- Inside Dodgers' plan to revolutionize the fan experience
- Juventus look to add sleeve sponsor to maximise Ronaldo influence
- NBC Sports Washington’s alternate Wizards broadcasts could be the future of sports betting on TV
- Love this AO Sports Film Festival. Who wants to join Sean for a Sports Geek Nation meetup?
- 2019 will see a change in how sports are processed over social media
- The fan of the future requires venues to be smart
- How 2018 changed marketing. Do you agree with Sean’s take?
- Black Mirror's “Bandersnatch” creates the future, not predicts it fascinating read on future of data and privacy
- The best podcasts of 2018 from Chartable. Some good listens here
- The biggest gaming trends of 2018
- From Michael Jordan to Drake: athletes and celebs who invested millions in esports in 2018. What no mention of Sports Geek? 🙂
- Tigers sneak past the Eagles on the scoreline that matters most – love action
- Facebook's 10 year challenge is just a harmless meme – right? Serious deep dive on data
- Is it time to kiss this in-arena stunt goodbye
- How music will play a huge role at the Super Bowl
- Angela Duckworth – Why talent alone isn’t enough good listen on grit and goals
- We finally started taking screen time seriously in 2018
Don't miss these articles join sports business executives around the world getting Sports Geek News email each week. Go to sportsgeekhq.com/sgn
Episodes of Sports Geek you missed in January
- Inside the Tennis Lab with Gus Balbontin – how you'll pick your next racquet – 29 Jan 2019
- Ron Seaver on growth of National Sports Forum – 22 Jan 2019
For our full Sports Geek episode archive click here.
Sports Geek is available on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher and Pocket Casts.
Join Sports Geek Nation
Sports Geek Nation Slack is now restricted to paid members only. If you wish to join the community, go to SportsGeekNation.com to join our wait list and be the first to know when subscription doors will open again.