In this episode of Sports Geek, Sean Callanan chats with Xavier Gutierrez, President & CEO of the Arizona Coyotes
On this podcast, you'll learn about:
- How Xavier became the CEO of the Arizona Coyotes, despite not having a background working in sports?
- Why does Xavier emphasize the positive impact of sports on commerce, culture, and community?
- How do the Coyotes engage a passionate fan base while reaching out to “fans-in-waiting”
- The ins and outs of a new stadium precinct proposal in Tempe
- Best advice for someone looking to break into the sports business industry
- How to unlock creativity and budgets for your digital team
Listen to Xavier Gutierrez on Sports Geek
Can't see podcast player? Click here to listen
Pick my brain
Want some help on a campaign, sponsorship or content but don’t know where to start? Book a time with Sean Callanan for a Pick My Brain session.
The Pick my brain session is a two-hour video consulting session where you can get Sean’s thoughts and opinions on ticketing or sponsorship campaigns, campaign development and digital content review.
Resources from the podcast
- Connect with Xavier Gutierrez on LinkedIn, and send him a message that you listened to this podcast episode via Twitter @MrXavierAG
- Follow the Tempe Wins project via TempeWins.com
- Follow Arizona Coyotes across social media
- Check out the Sports Geek Amplify series
- Check out some more Sports Geek episodes you might enjoy:
- See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City on July 14-15 2023
As discussed on the podcast
Learn more about Tempe Wins project
Thank you @Rhuigi for bringing the heat to the First Fridays Desert Collection launch. Here’s to breaking categories 🏜️ pic.twitter.com/nM61y3CzZm
— Arizona Coyotes (@ArizonaCoyotes) March 11, 2023
Hockey is for everyone, more “fans-in-waiting”
Hockey is for everyone.
Today and every day. pic.twitter.com/GQiNPoY1og
— Arizona Coyotes (@ArizonaCoyotes) March 5, 2023
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek