On this week's podcast I chat with Tyson Densley from the AFL (Australian Football League) about the goals of the AFL social media team and what they are looking for in season 2014. On SEN I chat with Kevin Hillier about the AFL and NRL social media fan bases and what does it say about each league.
Looking to improve your skills in social media? Come along to our Sports Geek Social Media One Day Educational on March 31st listen to podcast for promo code ($50 off).
On this podcast you’ll find out about:
- How the AFL have engaged fans via user generated content
- What the AFL plans to do with live replays during games on social platforms
- How the social media team is gaining attention in AFL Media
- The tough balance of banter and content the AFL manages every day
- Which Paris Saint-Germain striker took Twitter by storm
- What NRL and AFL teams lead the way on Facebook and Twitter
- What do the latest Facebook pages changes mean for sports teams
- Which football code provided the best atmosphere for Sounds of The Game
Like this episode? please leave a review in iTunes.
Resources from the episode
AFL Social Media numbers by team
Social Media Post of the Week
Have you been following Zlatan Ibrahimović's tweets? Arrogant or not, they have been very funny.
Closing 2 Cents
Listening via iTunes?
Subscribe to the Sports Geek Podcast in iTunes, if you liked the episode please leave a review on iTunes and help spread the word on your networks. Thanks in advance.
Follow Sports Geek on Soundcloud, all episodes available.
See you at Sports Geek One Day Educational Social Media Workshop?
Learn how your business, brand or team can use social media to drive business results.
Find out how I used social media to build Sports Geek and what I teach sports teams to engage fans and sell memberships and tickets.
Use promo code ZLATAN for $50 discount promo code.
Find out more