Sean Callanan chats with Australian sports journalist Richard Hinds in this Sports Geek interview.
On this podcast you'll learn about:
- How journalism has shifted as digital channels have grown
- Why access to players is so important to great storytelling
- Long form content where it fits and why fans want more
- The skill of breaking news and how Twitter has changed the game
- Demands of digital publishers are placing on journalists especially young ones
- Appeal of grassroots sports and why it is vital to all sports
- How Richard's cricket club is thriving and why it keeps him playing
Listen to Richard Hinds on Sports Geek
Can't see podcast player? Click here to listen
Resources from the podcast
- Connect with Richard Hinds on Linkedin and on Twitter @rdhinds
- Read Richard's columns on ABC and catch him on Offsiders regularly
- Some Sports Geek episodes you might be interested in:
- Like this podcast? Support our Patreon campaign
One of Richard's articles we discussed on the podcast that sparked discussion on Linkedin among the sports business community.
Thanks for the review on Apple Podcasts
★★★★★ TristanFurney via Apple Podcasts
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek