On this week’s bonus episode Sean catches up with the Chairman of the Commonwealth Games 2018 (#GC2018), Peter Beattie. Peter chats to Sean about his involvement in the Gold Coast Games and the benchmark that Melbourne set in 2006.
On this podcast you'll learn about:
- The facilities and venues that are already finished and how they will be used by the community post event
- The commitment and passion of former athletes and how important this event is for Australia
- How the Commonwealth Games can build our future sporting heroes and be a launching pad for athletes like it was for Cathy Freeman
- The final ticket release that will go on sale on Monday, November 20 at midday, first in best dressed!
Resources from the podcast
- Thanks again to Peter Beattie, Chairman, Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games for being our guest on this bonus episode
- Follow Peter on Twitter @SmartState1 and connect with him on LinkedIn
- Follow Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games on Twitter @GC2018, Facebook and Instagram
- Listen to Peter's episode on the Gold Coast Gold Podcast
- Other Sports Geek podcast episodes you might be interested in:
Sign up for these
- Download our new guide – Understanding Facebook Data
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
- Have you joined the world's largest #SportsBiz Slack Community?
- Looking for a new gig? Sign up for our new weekly Sports Geek Jobs Email
Some tweets you may have missed
Final ticket release on MONDAY!
The memories of #GC2018 will last, the tickets won't. Final major ticket release coming midday (AEST) Monday 20 November. https://t.co/XM2DObn0fU pic.twitter.com/ZaoxUwvAwF
— Gold Coast 2018 (@GC2018) November 14, 2017
IN FOCUS | The #GC2018 uniform was finally revealed this weekend and it's got everyone excited. #SHARETHEDREAM https://t.co/8qdz16HDi9 pic.twitter.com/b3rROzULPp
— Gold Coast 2018 (@GC2018) November 12, 2017
Being inclusive matters. Thank you for teaching us the significance of land and people. Thank you also for being part of the volunteers’ weekend #gc2018 pic.twitter.com/DXjUHWuflh
— Peter Beattie (@SmartState1) November 12, 2017
GC2018 Medal reveal
Wonderful to be at tonight's medal reveal for @GC2018
The design by Delvene Cockatoo Collins … beautiful!
A proud reward for any athlete pic.twitter.com/rpmUt0Vfyg
— Anna Meares (@AnnaMeares) November 4, 2017
A great event
At #MelbournePressClub listening to @CommGamesAUS @GC2018 chairman Peter Beattie on tickets, transport & legacy pic.twitter.com/IBEmn7vr7O
— Sean Callanan (@seancallanan) October 27, 2017
Thanks for the review on iTunes
High Quality Podcast
★★★★★ in Apple Podcasts by FrothOverSport from Australia on October 30, 2017
I have been listening to Sports Geek for the past 18 months and while not involved in Sports Digital myself, I am heavily interested in the area. Sean's enjoyment and knowledge of sport and digital comes through in the podcast, which is highly motivating for me personally.
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek