On this week’s episode Sean catches up with Paul Marsh, CEO of the AFL Players Association. As part of the Sports Geek CEO series, Sean and Paul chat about the role the Players Association provides in supporting players throughout their football career as well as transitioning to life after football.
On this podcast you'll learn about:
- The role of the AFLPA providing support to over 3,500 past players
- How the AFLPA begins interacting with newly drafted players
- The tools and opportunities that the AFLPA provide to players throughout their football career
- The Governance committee that has been developed based on the gaps missing the have been identified by the association, clubs and league that support players wellbeing and development
- The challenges of social media for all players
- Paul's advice for players beginning their AFL careers as well at the end of their AFL career