Welcome to the first Sports Geek Podcast for 2017!
On this week's episode Sean catches up with J.W. Cannon, Senior Project Lead – Sponsorships and Events at UPS and Co-Founder of #SBChat.
On this podcast you'll learn about:
- How the sponsorship game has changed over the years
- Some of J.W.'s most memorable sponsorship activations
- How digital has changed sponsorship but fundamentals remain
- Where #SBChat began and why you should at least lurk
- J.W.'s advice on those wanting to break into the #sportsbiz industry
- How my new basketball tracks my shooting percentage
Resources from the podcast
- Thanks again to J.W. Cannon, connect with him on Twitter @CannonJW, Linkedin and Instagram
- Articles of interest
- Inside the SportsBiz Studio: J.W. Cannon
- What is #SBChat
- Other podcasts that may interest you:
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
- Have you joined the world's largest #SportsBiz Slack Community?
- Looking for a new gig? Sign up for Sports Geek Job Alerts
Some tweets you may have missed
In a bar, in Tampa, Dukes just scored, I'm the only one yelling. Who cares. #GoDukes #FCSChamp 💜💛 pic.twitter.com/6Wpj3YYUe6
— J.W. Cannon (@cannonjw) January 7, 2017
Very clever Heineken
These @Heineken promotional jump drives have actual #beer in them. Nice. #marketing (via @uberhumor) pic.twitter.com/zEOptjl6ds
— J.W. Cannon (@cannonjw) December 22, 2016
What are my stats?
Getting shots up with the brand new #WilsonX. How’d I do @WilsonBasktball? #Wxballer #clutch #sportstech pic.twitter.com/1JSoWC62sm
— Sean Callanan (@seancallanan) January 6, 2017
Thanks for the review on iTunes
Perfect Podcast for Sports Industry Professionals and Students!
in iTunes by Aussie_Duck from USA on November 8, 2016
Every episode brings a unique perspective to the sports industry and the digital evolution of sports marketing. Sean brings in industry leaders from a broad range of disciplines and this podcast is one of the best ways to stay on top of the newest and best developments in sports business.
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek