Sean catches up with Jeremy Butler, General Manager of Sale Sharks Rugby Club on the latest podcast. Jeremy chats with Sean about his role at the Sharks to restructure their internal operations in order to change the way they engage fans and fill stands. On this podcast you'll learn about:
- How Jeremy's background in journalism led him to working in sports
- What the Sharks did to identify their customers
- What their target customer looked like
- The importance of data in their rebuild
- What it's like being the one of the leading professional Rugby Union clubs in Europe and the pride of the North West
Resources from the podcast
- Thanks again to Jeremy Butler from Sale Sharks connect with him on Twitter @JezButler and on Linkedin
- Connect with Sale Sharks on Twitter @SaleSharksRugby on Facebook and Instagram
- Other podcasts that may interest you
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
- Have you joined the world's largest #SportsBiz Slack Community?
Want to meet Sean in USA on #SportsGeekTrip?
From July 4 to July 21 Sean will be in the USA, he'd love to catch up and meet with listeners in:
- Chicago – July 4-10 (attending Podcast Movement #PM16)
- Toronto – July 10-12
- Denver – July 13
- Las Vegas – July 14-21 (attending SEAT Conference #SEATVegas16)
Some tweets you may have missed
Assembling the cast
Sale Sharks are assembling quite a cast for next season's show…. #JoinTheHunt pic.twitter.com/MvET6GsxHa
— Sale Sharks (@SaleSharksRugby) March 31, 2016
Good Morning Sharks Fans! It's @premrugby game day as we take on @bathrugby …. again! pic.twitter.com/nkEonIyjzz
— Sale Sharks (@SaleSharksRugby) April 23, 2016
Week 2 of #SharksPreSeason has begun! pic.twitter.com/dPwbFOP9MY
— Sale Sharks (@SaleSharksRugby) June 27, 2016
We've spoken to a very happy @GeorgeNott1 🍻🏆#WorldChampion pic.twitter.com/wmok1IWpL7
— Sale Sharks (@SaleSharksRugby) June 25, 2016
Game of Scrums
Sports Geek Podcast by the numbers
Thanks for the review on iTunes
in iTunes by Tmurdz from Australia on February 3, 2016
This is essential listening for anyone who is currently either working in the sports industry or studying sports management, especially if you're interested in sports marketing, digital media and/or fan enegagement. If you're a marketer or advertiser and wish to connect better with sports clients, this is a great place to start! Don't read any further, just subscribe now! The guests are fantastic and give great insights into what happens in professional teams and leagues to drive fan engagement and digital content engagement. Perspectives are global, with a diverse mix of Australia, European and American professionals. I don't understand why you're still reading this review, just hit subscribe! I promise that you won't be disappointed!
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek