In this episode of Sports Geek, Sean Callanan chats with Gavin Kirkman, Chief Executive Officer, PGA Australia
On this podcast, you'll learn about:
- Gavin Kirkman's 40 year career in golf
- How the PGA Australia unique?
- The growth of golf in Australia especially post COVID
- How golf has evolved to offer multiple ways to engage new players and audiences.
- Why golf industry is a great option for graduates looking for a new role in sports.
- Why your digital team should always be selling
Listen to Gavin Kirkman on Sports Geek
Can't see podcast player? Click here to listen
Pick my brain
Want some help on a campaign, sponsorship or content but don’t know where to start? Book a time with Sean Callanan for a Pick My Brain session.
The Pick my brain session is a two-hour video consulting session where you can get Sean’s thoughts and opinions on ticketing or sponsorship campaigns, campaign development and digital content review.
Resources from the podcast
- Connect with Gavin Kirkman on LinkedIn, and send him a message that you listened to this podcast episode via Twitter @gavin_golf
- Follow PGA Australia across social media
- Check out the Sports Geek Amplify series – Season 1 to get a feel for what SEAT Sports Geek Amplify series will be like.
- Check out some more Sports Geek episodes you might enjoy:
- Conferences we can meet up at
- SEAT in Salt Lake City on July 14-15 2023
- Money In Sport in Gold Coast on July 6 2023
- Live Sports Geek interview with NFL's Charlotte Offord
- Football Australia CEO James Johnson will be speaking at Money In Sport
As discussed on the podcast
Appreciation tweet for @TheNational1988 looking immaculate for our final event 🙌#TheNationalTournament | @bmwau pic.twitter.com/8aBDHx9il4
— PGA of Australia (@PGAofAustralia) March 31, 2023
There's a golf course for everyone..
Great initiative for golf. Get your group together and get out on a course for 9 🏌️♀️🏌️♂️⛳️ https://t.co/7hlwUl75oR
— Gavin Kirkman (@gavin_golf) March 5, 2020
Summer and golf a great combination
The biggest summer of golf, EVER 🤩
Catch the @Fortinet #AusPGA LIVE on @kayosports, @wwos, @sparknzsport, and @FOXSportsAUS until 5pm (AEDT). pic.twitter.com/mePvylvQ7F
— PGA of Australia (@PGAofAustralia) November 26, 2022
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek