On this week's episode Sean throws the mike out to his followers on Twitter, Linked In, Facebook and the SportsBiz Slack community for the next instalment of “Ask Sports Geek”.
Some of the questions for this episode include:
- What are some of the smartest things you're seeing teams do with Facebook ads and what results are they seeing?
- Thoughts on the recent updates LinkedIn has been making and how sponsorship at teams can best take advantage of these?
- How do you see teams trending toward going all digital with ticketing affecting the future fan experience?
- What do you think is next for sports and digital media?
- What are your views on esports meeting the traditional markets of sport, such as sports managment. Is there a place in the industry for a pure esports player agent?
Resources from the podcast
- Thanks again to everyone who sent in questions for this week's episode – connect with them on the Linkedin Post
- Congrats Corey you won the @SportsGeek T-Shirt send Sean a DM and we'll send it out!
- Follow Sports Geek on Twitter @SportsGeek, Facebook and Instagram
- Follow Sean Callanan on Twitter @SeanCallanan, Facebook and Instagram
- Podcast question: You can choose 5 non-bball Aussie sportstars to take on the worst NBA team in a pick-up game, who do you choose? Check out my 5 nominated athletes – Scott Pendlebury, Cameron Smith, Johnathan Thurston, Anthony Mundine and Sharni Layton
- Other Sports Geek podcast episodes you might be interested in:
Sign up for these
- Download our new guide – Understanding Facebook Data
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
- Have you joined the world's largest #SportsBiz Slack Community?
- Looking for a new gig? Sign up for Sports Geek Job Alerts
Some tweets you may have missed
Sports Geek is now on Google Play
Sports Geek now available on Google Play https://t.co/TIH4RtlTmU pic.twitter.com/KAzUdlIY09
— Sean Callanan (@seancallanan) October 9, 2017
Love this quote
— Mark Cuban (@mcuban) October 8, 2017
Thanks again to those listeners who sent in their questions for this episode
Call out for questions for a #AskSportsGeek episode on @SportsGeek send in your #sportsbiz questions pic.twitter.com/QVw1kHgdwl
— Sean Callanan (@seancallanan) October 12, 2017
Sports Geek Campaigns, contact us to learn how we can help
See how @seancallanan can help your team build campaigns that drive revenue from sponsors and engagement from fans https://t.co/MNySQStzBN pic.twitter.com/7YcGmh2kjO
— Sports Geek (@SportsGeek) October 8, 2017
Thanks for the review on iTunes
★★★★★ in Apple Podcasts by Gavin MacPhee from USA on August 23, 2017
The sports geek podcast provides great insight from industry leaders on a variety of sports business sectors. Sean is an engaging and passionate host and the guests are an eclectic mix from different countries, sports and areas of expertise. This is valuable listening for anyone in sports marketing!
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek