Well with under a week to go on #sportsgeek I thought I'd give a quick recap of the trip so far…
I started with a Sports Geek Bucket List…
Here's just some of what I've done so far:
- Attended a College Tailgate but also the game! BCS Championship Game at Rosebowl with 94,000 of my closest friends. Go Longhorns!
- Got my picture taken with the BCS Coaches Trophy.
- Saw the NBA's best player Kobe Bryant (3 times) unfortunately he hasn't been at his best but does enough to win. Including a cross town match against the LA Clippers with Baron Davis at his best & Aussie Andrew Bogut's Bucks who unfortunately had no fight left in them.
- Watched Dirk Nowitski score his 20,000th NBA point against the Lakers from the a private suite at American Airlines Center.
- Saw Mark Cuban at Mavs game unable to meet him he is too excited about his Mavs in season.
- Toured the American Airlines Center with CEO Brad Mayne including the terrific facilities the Mavs in their locker room. Terrific facility Brad, best HD scoreboards I've seen (excluding the ridiculous screen at Cowboys Stadium).
- Fell in love with the beauty & history of Dodger Stadium, will be back for a game.
- Jaw dropping amazement of the magnitude of the Cowboys Stadium with the Cowboys on the field practicing!
- Saw Big Ben Wallace from the Pistons turn back the clock against the Knicks at Madison Square Garden. Great history in that arena, even walking around met Walt “Clyde” Frazier & John Starks.
- Watch some great hockey thanks to the LA Kings at the Staples Center & Dallas Stars at American Airline Center.
That is just the venues, games & sports stars you may know but I've met a lot of cool people as well. All the time taking notes on the promotions, marketing and watching offline fans to see how to best connect them with online fans.
If you're in New York come & say G'day as I'm hosting a #sportsgeektweetup on Wednesday night 7pm at ESPN Zone.