In episode 12 of the Sports Geek Podcast we chat with Tod Caflisch from Detroit Red Wings on how IT is playing a big role in sports performance analytics and stadium activation. We catch up with Trendsmap.com’s John Barratt to understand how Trendsmap works and look behind the scenes of #ALvMU Sports Trendsmap built for the A-League All-Stars game against Manchester United. On Harf Time we discuss how Sydney Thunder used traditional and digital media to welcome Mr Cricket as a new Big Bash League signing.
Not long now until SEAT Conference hope to see you in Kansas City.
More specifically, in this podcast you’ll find out about:
- The growth of sports analytics and what NHL is learning from NBA
- Finding the right mix of sports analytics content and coaching competitive advantage
- Learn how NBA coaches are using video optics to analyse games
- How fast Rajan Rondo breaks to basket after stealing the ball
- Why we discuss missile tracking…
- Madison Square Garden has been evicted after $968M renovation
- How Trendsmap decides where are tweet is from
- What we learned about Manchester United’s Twitter strategy
- How digital media worked together with traditional media for Sydney Thunder
- Why Michael Hussey is a top bloke
Resources from the episode
- Find Tod Caflisch on Twitter (@TCaflisch) and Linkedin
- Check out Trendsmap.com and Trendsmap Plus
- Find John Barratt on Twitter (@johnbarratt) and Linkedin
- Sports Trendsmap #ALvMU Case Study
- Introducing Sports Trendsmap on Ep 11
- Register for SEAT 2013 including 3 for 2 offer and 4 for 3 offer
- Madison Square Garden evicted in 10 years time
- Recap of day with Mr Cricket
- Follow #SEAT2013 for more updates from SEAT Conference
On iTunes? Subscribe to the Sports Geek Podcast in iTunes, if you liked the episode please leave comment or rating.
If you have a question for the podcast please leave it using Speakpipe plugin on the left of this page.
#ALvMU Case Study from SlideShare
Thanks for tuning in, I’d love your feedback in the comments or send me a tweet @seancallanan