In episode 12 of the Sports Geek Podcast we chat with Tod Caflisch from Detroit Red Wings on how IT is playing a big role in sports performance analytics and stadium activation. We catch up with Trendsmap.com’s John Barratt to understand how Trendsmap works and look behind the scenes of #ALvMU Sports Trendsmap built for the A-League All-Stars game against Manchester United. On Harf Time we discuss how Sydney Thunder used traditional and digital media to welcome Mr Cricket as a new Big Bash League signing.
Not long now until SEAT Conference hope to see you in Kansas City.
More specifically, in this podcast you’ll find out about:
- The growth of sports analytics and what NHL is learning from NBA
- Finding the right mix of sports analytics content and coaching competitive advantage
- Learn how NBA coaches are using video optics to analyse games
- How fast Rajan Rondo breaks to basket after stealing the ball
- Why we discuss missile tracking…
- Madison Square Garden has been evicted after $968M renovation
- How Trendsmap decides where are tweet is from
- What we learned about Manchester United’s Twitter strategy
- How digital media worked together with traditional media for Sydney Thunder
- Why Michael Hussey is a top bloke
SEAT Conference - August 4th-8th in Kansas City
Presenting Partner of Sports Geek PodcastRegister
Resources from the episode
- Find Tod Caflisch on Twitter (@TCaflisch) and Linkedin
- Check out Trendsmap.com and Trendsmap Plus
- Find John Barratt on Twitter (@johnbarratt) and Linkedin
- Sports Trendsmap #ALvMU Case Study
- Introducing Sports Trendsmap on Ep 11
- Register for SEAT 2013 including 3 for 2 offer and 4 for 3 offer
- Madison Square Garden evicted in 10 years time
- Recap of day with Mr Cricket
- Follow #SEAT2013 for more updates from SEAT Conference
On iTunes? Subscribe to the Sports Geek Podcast in iTunes, if you liked the episode please leave comment or rating.
If you have a question for the podcast please leave it using Speakpipe plugin on the left of this page.
Search for “Sports Geek Podcast” on other podcast apps, please let me know if you can’t find it.
#ALvMU Case Study from SlideShare
Thanks for tuning in, I’d love your feedback in the comments or send me a tweet @seancallanan