On this week’s podcast we chat with Dan McLaren from TheUKSportsNetwork.com about the world of #digisport in the UK and Europe. On ABC Grandstand I chat about #SochiProblems with Francis Leach and Rule 40 affecting Australia ski resorts.
On this podcast you’ll find out about:
- How TheUKSportsNetwork.com evolved over the years
- How UK sports teams are now using social media compared to 2010
- Why did Manchester United wait so long to jump on Twitter
- Importance of testing to find out what your fans is more important than social media numbers
- Why fans follow all teams on Twitter but not on Facebook
- Why UK teams are focussed on the fan at home to keep them engaged
- What is the difference between #SportsBiz, #digisport and #smsport?
- What are #SochiProblems and what could Sochi organisers have done better with social?
- How did Google give Sochi Olympic organisers a message?
- What is Rule 40 and why is it affecting Australia Ski Resorts?
Like this episode? please leave a review in iTunes.
- Follow @DanielMcLaren on Twitter and on Linkedin
- Check out TheUKSportsNetwork.com and on Twitter @UKSportsNetwork and on their Linkedin group
- Connect with Ash Read on Twitter @ashread14
- Come along to DSLondon on April 22 when I’m in London
- Listen Matthew Gepp from West Coast Eagles on fan engagement strategy
- Follow @SochiProblems for some laughs, meet Alexander Broad behind the Twitter account
- Olympic Hub for athletes, official @Sochi2014 account
- Olympic sponsors hit by activists
- Australian ski resorts told to stop tweeting about Olympic athletes under rule 40
- Follow David Morris Aerial Skier with the terrific Twitter handle @AerialSkier
- Jon Loomer response to Facebook Fraud video, worth watching.
- Ep #38 dedicated to Curt Schilling who wore 38 with distinction in MLB winning World Series with Arizona and most famously breaking the curse with bloody sock with Red Sox.
- On Android, we have fixed the RSS feed – http://sportsgeekhq.com/android
- Want to attend our Sports Geek ODE (One Day Educational) then sign up for Sports Geek News?
Google makes a stand
— Sean Callanan (@seancallanan) February 7, 2014
Social Media Post of the Week
Here is the video discussed by Dan from Juventus celebrating 10M Facebook likes. Not a bad kick from Carlos Tevez.
Send in your nominations for best social media post of the week – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vine… for whatever reason fan engagement, sponsorship activation, cool content….
Closing 2 Cents
Listening via iTunes?
Subscribe to the Sports Geek Podcast in iTunes, if you liked the episode please leave a review on iTunes and help spread the word on your networks. Thanks in advance.
Follow Sports Geek on Soundcloud, all episodes available.