Sports Geek News is curated via the social media channels of Sports Geek.
Follow Sean Callanan on Linkedin or follow @seancallanan on Twitter to see these articles as soon as we read them.
The articles that get the most clicks are included in Sports Geek News published weekly, you can sign up here.
Here are the top articles from February:
- Adam Silver reveals ‘jersey of the future‘ at NBA Tech Summit
- Big Bash is now cricket's MVP – the game's Most Valuable Product
- Melbourne Storm reap windfall as pokies sold off
- Liverpool fears losing fans to Fortnite video game
- Why Super Bowl ads have become a harder sell
- Twitch streamer falls asleep during stream, wakes up to find 200 people watching
- Google Cloud signs first pro sports team deal with Warriors
- All 32 NFL Twitter accounts ranked for 2019
- What sets Warriors practice apart in NBA? Mix some E-40 with Aretha Franklin
- Sport CEOs in Australia join forces to push for equal pay for elite women athletes
- Ryan Reynolds has quietly become one of the best marketers on the planet
- NFL teams send their Valentine's day tweets
- Nike teams up with Intersport for a podcast series targeting aspiring runners
- NHL teams up with NextVR to launch post-game VR highlights
- La Liga and Microsoft launch tech incubator project
- Sydney at the heart of NBL's second coming
- Nike leans into empowering IGTV series with ‘Fight for your dream'
- Sacramento Kings unveil new predictive game, jump to the forefront of betting
- Spotify has bought two podcast startups and it wants to buy more
- Next BBL may spend extra money for overseas stars
- New Balance opens a pub where you can exchange your miles run for pints
- Twitter checked in at the scorer's table for the 2019 All-Star game
- Instagram is an engagement powerhouse
- Why esports at the driving range makes perfect sense
- Dwayne Wade joins Baller TV streaming platform as global ambassador
Don't miss these articles join sports business executives around the world getting Sports Geek News email each week. Go to sportsgeekhq.com/sgn
Episodes of Sports Geek you missed in February
- LAFC – Colin Kelly – Block by Block – How to build a fan base from scratch – 27 Feb 2019
- Golf, technology & The Open – Kevin Bain – 05 Feb 2019
For our full Sports Geek episode archive click here.
Sports Geek is available on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher and Pocket Casts.
Join Sports Geek Nation
Sports Geek Nation Slack is now restricted to paid members only. If you wish to join the community, go to SportsGeekNation.com to join our wait list and be the first to know when subscription doors will open again.