Westpac Stadium CEO Shane Harmon chats about his experience with Rugby World Cup in 2011 and his new role at Westpac Stadium in Wellington. On Harf Time we look look back at why #WarriorsLive was a success bringing fans into the huddle at a preseason practice.
On this podcast you’ll find out about:
- What sports teams can learn from Gary Vanyerchuk's book promotion on Twitter
- The importance of Facebook for ticket sales for Rugby World Cup
- How Twitter was vital for Rugby World Cup as a comms tool around Christchurch earthquake
- Challenges and opportunities for stadiums and venues entering social media
- How Golden State Warriors got me out of bed at 5am
- How sports teams can leverage Google Hangouts on Air
Resources from the episode
Make the effort on Twitter
Follow the example of @GaryVeee (he has 1M Twitter followers)
Listening via iTunes?
Subscribe to the Sports Geek Podcast in iTunes, if you liked the episode please leave a comment or rating.
Sports Geek Podcast on Soundcloud