In this Sports Geek Podcast we chat to James Rigby from Blues about True Blue HQ built using Digital Cheer Squad helped him activate Blues fans with the team and a key digital sponsor. We also chat with Jarrod Price from the Brisbane Lions on dealing with upset fans when a club legend is let go as coach and then amplifying fans buoyed by the another club legend stepping in a new coach.
More specifically, in this podcast you’ll find out about:
- Why it's important to connect with your super avid fans online
- Rewarding fans that deserve it is more important than attracting contest junkies
- Understanding that brand awareness for sponsors can be very powerful on social media
- How to train and identify your teams digital cheer squad
- How sports teams need to take careful steps around breaking news
- Importance of monitoring social channels and craft message for fans that are upset
- How sports teams can use traditional media to attract more of their fans to their digital platforms
- Why the sports content business is now a 12 month game and what you need to plan for off-season content
- How far did Rocky Balboa run on that training run in Rocky II?
Resources from the episode
Auckland Blues engage fans and sponsor with #TrueBlueHQ