On the mend from achilles surgery, in this week's Sports Geek Podcast we chat to Robert Squillacioti about how the @Socceroos are connecting with mainstream Australia over 3 weeks trying to qualify for World Cup 2014. Since the NHL Finals we go back into our ABC Grandstand archive with our chat with Dewayne Hankins who at the time was working at AEG Sports with the @LAKings.
Thanks again for the feedback, tag your tweets #SGP I've included some of your feedback on the Sports Geek Podcast page.
More specifically, in this podcast you’ll find out about:
- How the Socceroos are using digital to connect with mainstream Australia
- Importance of understanding your audience around major events
- Importance of understanding where digital fits when complementing sports TV coverage
- Why the LA Kings took on the undertag into last year's playoffs
- How LA Kings used Twitter to develop a loud minority online
- How the LA Kings dealt with the NHL Lockout with no access to players
- Hashtags on Facebook, what effect will it have on sports?
- A look at how the Melbourne Storm are using Twitter Ads
Very pleased to see it profiled in New & Noteworthy in iTunes and we've passed the 800 downloads mark with new listeners each week.
Resources from the episode
On iTunes? Subscribe to the Sports Geek Podcast in iTunes, if you liked the episode please leave comment or rating.