Good to catch up with Peter Stringer from the Boston Celtics one of the first guys I followed and connected with when I started Sports Geek. Pete and I discuss how the digital landscape has changed and his foray into the world of podcasting. On ABC Grandstand we discuss security issues around the celebrity iCloud hacking scandal.
On this podcast you’ll learn about:
- What Peter's role looked like in 2005
- Why getting data our of Facebook was important
- How mobile is becoming the primary platform for sports fans
- How pre game became a driver for Celtics mobile app
- What Peter has learned as a podcaster
- What athletes need to do to secure their phones
- Why teams are using video on Facebook
Resources from the episode
- Connect with Peter Stringer on Twitter (@PeterStringer) and on Linkedin and on PeterStringer.com
- Listen and subscribe to Media Masters Podcast (@MediaMastersPod) at MediaMastersPodcast.com
- Listen to Caity Kauffman on Media Masters discuss Facebook Advertising
- Like Celtics on Facebook, follow @Celtics on Twitter and @Celtics on Instagram
- Check out the NASCAR Sprint Cup video on Facebook
- Please log your the Football games you've attended with Football Passport, as discussed with Peter Robert Casey on episode #46
- Latest from Facebook Newsroom including an article we discussed on the podcast
- Download Cyber Dust at CyberDust.com add seancallanan
- Please cast your vote for Richard Clarke's SXSW submission on Arsenal's FA Cup win
- Thanks to AIHL Commissioner Robert Bannerman (@RABannerman) for inviting me to #AIHLFinals for the Sounds of the Game clip.
- Connect with all guests of the podcast and check out the podcast archive
- Thanks for iTunes reviews in Australian iTunes and USA iTunes.
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
Join the conversation, send us a tweet
Are you following @Celtics on Twitter?
Selfies, yoga headstands & biceps on bikes? @EmilyAusten_ recaps the team's week in digital media on #SocialCeltics.https://t.co/79YZNYsNCp
— Boston Celtics (@celtics) September 8, 2014
What do you think of the new @Celtics alternate logo? pic.twitter.com/HUyWBivTwP
— Boston Celtics (@celtics) July 21, 2014
Thirty years after beating the @Lakers for Banner 15, Gerald Henderson relieves his huge Game 2 steal & ’84 title: http://t.co/AE7jpjiika
— Boston Celtics (@celtics) June 12, 2014
Danny Ainge joins us live now on http://t.co/gBsHCQWuOn & Celtics mobile app for #AMEXCeltics Home Court Advantage. pic.twitter.com/YPDmuhLt3o
— Boston Celtics (@celtics) April 16, 2014
Are you on Cyber Dust? Add me
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek