In this episode I recap recent travels, answer some questions from listeners and what I've learned about Instagram Ads so far.
On this Sports Geek Podcast you will learn about:
- Why ideas are easy, execution is hard
- How NSOs are like professional teams
- The importance of developing your own fans
- What I learned from Russell Howcroft at #OFS15
- How Snapchat will be used by fans in next 18 months
Resources from the podcast
- Check out Russell Howcroft's book – When it's Right to be Wrong
- Download my #OSF15 presentation here
- Thanks to Australian Sports Commission for invitation to Our Sporting Future conference, some photos here and here
- Thanks to Adem & Nicole for emailing in questions for #AskSportsGeek
- See you at #SportsBizMelb event on November 23 at HONEY
- If you have an event or meetup you'd like tweeted please let us know.
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
Sports Geek Podcast by the numbers
Thanks for the review on iTunes
Great information from an insider
in iTunes by citizenchimp from Australia on September 10, 2015
This podcast is truly full of gold if you’re a marketer or agency looking for insights in the sports industry. Sean really knows his stuff – he’s spoken publicly at many occasions (I’ve had the pleasure of seeing him firsthand) and as someone in the trenches the anecdotes and data couldn’t be more up to date and valuable. Well worth a listen!
Want our guide to Facebook Business Manager?
OSF 15 Recap, Instagram Ads & #AskSportsGeek Transcription
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek