On this week's episode, Sean catches up with Nick Maywald, Group Managing Director at Genius Sports. Sean and Nick chat about the rise of sports & tech especially the rise in demand for stats from leagues & fans alike.
On this podcast you'll learn about:
- How Genius Sports was formed through the coming together of two organisations, Sporting Pulse and Bet Genius
- How the appetite for stats has changed over the past 10 years with the rise of digital
- The impact of fantasy and gamification and the demand for stats
- How Genius Sports are ensuring they are “delivering an experience to the user that they want” through the use of machine learning and AI space
- How teams are pushing to have their own edge with stats
- Why integrity is so important to a stats provider
Resources from the podcast
- Thanks again to Nick Maywald from Genius Sports for being part of this week's show.
- Follow Nick on Twitter @NickMaywald and LinkedIn
- Follow Genius Sports on Twitter @GeniusSports, Facebook and Instagram
- Other Sports Geek podcast episodes you might be interested in:
Sign up for these
- Download our new guide – Understanding Facebook Data
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
- Have you joined the world's largest #SportsBiz Slack Community?
- Looking for a new gig? Sign up for Sports Geek Job Alerts
Some tweets you may have missed
Genius Sports new partnership with PGA Tour
ICYMI – Delighted to announce our landmark partnership with @PGATOUR protecting the integrity of their competitions https://t.co/aOSq3oM07f
— Genius Sports (@GeniusSports) September 19, 2017
Official Integrity partner for Edinburgh Sports Conference
Delighted to be the official integrity partner to @EdinSportsConf discussing integrity in football #EdinSportsConf pic.twitter.com/WrScb4y5Qn
— Genius Sports (@GeniusSports) September 7, 2017
Presenting with NBL at Australia Sports Analytics and Sports Technology Conference
Big thank you to @Sporting_Data for organising a superb event! Lots of great feedback from our session with @JeremyLoeliger #sportsanalytics pic.twitter.com/KGW0z6Sb0J
— Genius Sports (@GeniusSports) August 4, 2017
Do you read Sports Geek News? Here's the top articles you missed last month
Did you read these articles last month? https://t.co/ZHZPyOERZL pic.twitter.com/1n9eK8mJEE
— Sean Callanan (@seancallanan) October 5, 2017
Great work Creative Cubes
#cubes3121 full for Pitch Night nice work @TobiSkovron pic.twitter.com/fZIdrQgB1N
— Sean Callanan (@seancallanan) October 4, 2017
Well done to a former CHUNKY client and good friend, Josh Rowe
ANZ makes push into real estate tech, buying property start-up @getREALas congrats @joshrowe not a bad week for you https://t.co/DpDXFynf2J
— Sean Callanan (@seancallanan) October 2, 2017
Thanks for the review on iTunes
★★★★★ in Apple Podcasts by Gavin MacPhee from USA on August 23, 2017
The sports geek podcast provides great insight from industry leaders on a variety of sports business sectors. Sean is an engaging and passionate host and the guests are an eclectic mix from different countries, sports and areas of expertise. This is valuable listening for anyone in sports marketing!
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek