In this episode of Sports Geek, Sean Callanan chats with Marilou McFarlane, CEO of Women in Sports Tech.
On this podcast, you'll learn about:
- Marilou's background and experience in the sports tech industry
- The importance of mentorship and developing a growth mindset in the innovation process
- What is innovation, and how it relates to sports tech
- The potential impact of AI in the sports tech industry and the need for legislation to control it
- Exciting areas of sports tech, including athlete performance and fan experience
- How do Women in Sports Tech engage its community?
- How you can chat with Sean in Office Hours
Listen to Marilou McFarlane on Sports Geek
Can't see podcast player? Click here to listen
Pick my brain
Want some help on a campaign, sponsorship or content but don’t know where to start? Book a time with Sean Callanan for a Pick My Brain session.
The Pick my brain session is a two-hour video consulting session where you can get Sean’s thoughts and opinions on ticketing or sponsorship campaigns, campaign development and digital content review.
Resources from the podcast
- Follow Marilou McFarlane on Twitter and connect with her on LinkedIn to say you listened to the episode
- People mentioned by Marilou in the podcast
- Sameer Ahuja – President of Game Changer
- Amir Zonozi – President & Co-founder, Zoomph
- Melanie Strong – Venture Capitalist in Health and Wellness and Sports Tech
- Nancy Hensley – CMO & CPO of Stats Perform
- Tom House – MBL Pitching Coach
- Jessica Berman – Commissioner, National Women’s Soccer League
- Book Recommendation – Mindset by Carol Dweck
- Follow Women in Sports Tech, Inc. across social media
- Website –womeninsportstech.org
- Twitter – @WomenSportsTech
- LinkedIn – Women in Sports Tech, Inc.
- Facebook – Women in Sports Tech
- Instagram – @womeninsportstech
- Check out this episode of Sports Geek Amplify Series with Amir Zonozi
- Episodes you should listen to
- Conferences we can meet up at
As discussed on the podcast
This was a big topic of discussion on the podcast
Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations. – Steve Jobs#FailForwardFast #startup #innovation
— Marilou McFarlane (@MMcFarlane415) April 19, 2023
DEI in Sports Tech
Really enjoyed our conversation on sports technology and DEI in our industry with these awesome women at @SIGAlliance conference this week at @Mastercard in NYC. Thanks for having me! @WomenSportsTech @girls4tech #IAmWithWiST #ChangeTheRatio #CultureMatters pic.twitter.com/FYWq6oTDtN
— Marilou McFarlane (@MMcFarlane415) March 10, 2023
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek