Action packed Sports Geek Podcast we chat with Kenny Lauer from Golden State Warriors and from London we chat with CRM specialist Fiona Green.
On this podcast you’ll find out about:
- How Kenny brought is customer strategist skills to sports
- Why Google Hangouts is the jewel in the crown for Google+
- How Warriors leverage their proximity to Silicon Valley
- How the Warriors are using Oracle Arena as a petri dish
- Why new Warriors stadium will be a living & breathing stadium where contextual computing will be the norm
- How Warriors will use inaudible tones from stadium speakers to drive actions in mobile app
- What Warriors are planning for their own Google Glass app
- Why sponsors are excited with development in sports CRM industry
- Fiona's take on how sports industry has grown into sports business
- what sports can learn from companies like Amazon
- How Excel can be a CRM because it's not about the tools
- CRM must be driven by need not technology
Like this episode? please leave a review in iTunes.
Resources from the episode
- Connect with Kenny Lauer on Twitter (@KennyL) on Linkedin and Slideshare
- Connect with Warriors
- Check out Warriors site in Chinese and on Weibo
- Connect with Warriors Kevin Cote (@kcote) and Kevan Akers (@kevakers)
- Mark Cubans post from 2011 on smartphones at sports games
- Book mentioned by Kenny – Flow by Mihaly Csikszentmihaly
- Connect with Fiona Green on Twitter (@FionaGreen66) and on Linkedin
- Check out WinnersFDD.com and join their Linkedin group – Sports CRM & Business Intelligence
- Info on SCG redevelopment
- New Aviate Android operating system
- Recap of #SportsGeekTrip in March including Warriors visit
- Ep #32 dedicated to NBA legend and now business mogul Magic Johnson, check out this Bloomberg special on his business career
- Thanks for iTunes reviews in Australian iTunes and USA iTunes.
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
Social Media Post of the Week
Denny's takes it out this tweet for this well-timed jab at Auburn fans.
If it's any consolation Auburn fans, there are 47 chances to win on the way home. #BCSChampionship #BCS pic.twitter.com/2HZbH3kpsY
— Denny's (@DennysDiner) January 7, 2014
Send in your nominations for best social media post of the week – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vine… for whatever reason fan engagement, sponsorship activation, cool content….
Closing 2 Cents
Listening via iTunes?
Subscribe to the Sports Geek Podcast in iTunes, if you liked the episode please leave a review on iTunes and help spread the word on your networks. Thanks in advance.
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek