Sean catches up with Dennis Yu from Blitz Metrics to discuss digital marketing strategies sports teams can use to drive more revenue from social media channels.
On this podcast you'll learn about:
- Why Facebook Video is a large opportunity for sports
- The importance of your data
- Why your website needs to be pixelled
- How & when Golden State Warriors use boost post
- How tracking works and why it is needed for advertising success
- How Dennis can get 320 fans for every paid fan
- Book review – No Grey Areas
- Podcast review – By Association
Resources from the podcast
- Thanks again to Dennis Yu from Blitz Metrics connect with him on Twitter @DennisYu and on Linkedin and at http://www.dennis-yu.com/
- Check out the Facebook Business Success Story – Golden State Warriors
- Book reviewed was No Grey Areas by Joseph Gagliano
- Special Release – Hey Isaac, do you take Visa? T-Shirt I wore when heckling Isaac Burton
- Podcast Review – By Association- http://www.byassociation.audio/
- Not yet using Business Manager? Get started here
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
- Have you joined the world's largest #SportsBiz Slack Community?
- SPECIAL OFFER – SEAT London – Claim complimentary pass to SEAT this April
Some tweets you may have missed from Dennis
The pace of technology both scares and excites me. What do you think? https://t.co/MC9T0mdzVQ
— Dennis Yu (@dennisyu) March 19, 2016
Love this idea
The cheapest and most ridiculous way to get people's attention https://t.co/OlCVIEWZps
— Dennis Yu (@dennisyu) March 14, 2016
Worth a read – No Grey Areas
Just finished this book "No Grey Areas" good read #sportsbiz pic.twitter.com/Nox7f3sHt0
— Sean Callanan (@seancallanan) March 25, 2016
Worth a Listen – By Association
While you hang out with family & friends this weekend, grab their phones and subscribe to By Association. Do it. 😉 https://t.co/uV1EHPkSfr
— James Parkinson (@JamesRParkinson) March 25, 2016
SEAT London - SPECIAL OFFER
Sports Geek Podcast by the numbers
Thanks for the review on iTunes
in iTunes by TomRubashow from UK on April 2, 2015
I discovered this podcast a few weeks ago and have enjoyed catching up on some of the old episodes including some really interesting old NBA ones. Worth a listen for those working in the sport industry.
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek