On this week's episode Sean reviews the Mary Meeker report from the sports business perspective, full video review is available on Sports Geek Facebook.
On this podcast you'll learn about:
- What the global internet audience looks like
- What sports can learn from latest internet advertising trends
- Why mobile will continue to dominate in usage and revenue
- How gaming has influenced much of today's internet
- Why esports has a very bright future
- How Netflix's dominance will change sports rights landscape
- Why China & India are so attractive for growth
Resources from the podcast
- Thanks again to Mary Meeker from Kleiner Perkins (@kpcb) for 2017 Internet Trends report
- Other Sports Geek podcast episodes you might be interested in:
Sign up for these
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
- Have you joined the world's largest #SportsBiz Slack Community?
- Looking for a new gig? Sign up for Sports Geek Job Alerts
Sports Geek Internet Trends – Watch & follow report review
Top 10 slides for Sports
Look at that Android marketshare! Mainstream apps need to deliver to Android users
Mobile is now the primary screen for consuming digital content and the gap is widening
Mobile advertising market is currently underserved especially in sports. More money will flow to mobile, sports offering needs to improve.
Video advertising methods need to evolve to be viable. Better options than just pre-roll.
A quick history lesson on gaming. An industry only 45 years old.
Gamers are dedicated bunch and are one of the most digitally engaged on the internet.
How esports has grown. League of Legends is a growing beast!
These are the viewership audiences that are exciting esports and broadcasters alike.
Look at how Netflix has stolen audiences from traditional broadcasters.
Facebook is chasing down video… HARD.
Check out Mary Meeker's report & presentation at Code Conference
Thanks for the review on iTunes
in iTunes by 5thForce from USA on June 13, 2017
Sean does an incredible job with great guests, information, and topics. Great Sports Marketing podcast!!
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek