Richard Clarke is the managing editor for Arsenal Media Group driving all the content for Arsenal fans around the world, we chat with him on ABC Grandstand. In a recent visit to Perth I sat down with Matthew Gepp to discuss what has worked for West Coast Eagles and what they have planned for 2014.
On this podcast you’ll find out about:
- What are key drivers for Arsenal Media group?
- Why Arsenal is in the global fan development business
- How Arsenal fans compare around the world
- Importance of appealing to your aspirant fans
- How Arsenal integrate players into Twitter engagement
- How West Coast Eagles use Eagles Vision to connect with fans across Western Australia
- Importance of educating athletes on positives and negatives of social media
- Understanding your fan demographic when posting content
- Value of social media promotion for your branded content
Resources from the episode
- Find Richard Clarke on Twitter (@mrrichardclarke) and Linkedin
- Check out Arsenal.com and on Facebook and @Arsenal on Twitter
- Arsenal Slow Motion highlights as discussed on podcast
- Getting ready for an @Arsenal Twitter takeover
- MLB social media stats from World Series
- Fenway goes wild during final out of World Series – check out how many phones out
- Compare with photo from Pope inauguration from 2005 and 2013
- Connect with Matthew Gepp on Twitter (@schismd) and Linkedin
- Find out more about West Coast Eagles, like them on Facebook and follow @WestCoastEagles and how big Western Australia is
- Example of Eagle Vision
- A few tweets from Nic Naitanui makes page 3 news in WA
- Some more posts activations for The Swoop built using Digital Cheer Squad
- West Coast Eagles podcast launched in 2013
- Sounds of the game thanks to Daniel Pinne at the Melbourne Cup.
- Thanks for iTunes reviews in Australian iTunes and USA iTunes.
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
- Are you following Sports Geek Podcast Pinterest board?
Congrats to @Arsenal
— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) November 2, 2013
Social Media Post of the Week
Listening via iTunes?
Subscribe to the Sports Geek Podcast in iTunes, if you liked the episode please leave a comment or rating.