In this Sports Geek Podcast we chat to James Rigby from Blues about True Blue HQ built using Digital Cheer Squad helped him activate Blues fans with the team and a key digital sponsor. We also chat with Jarrod Price from the Brisbane Lions on dealing with upset fans when a club legend is let go as coach and then amplifying fans buoyed by the another club legend stepping in a new coach.
More specifically, in this podcast you’ll find out about:
- Why it’s important to connect with your super avid fans online
- Rewarding fans that deserve it is more important than attracting contest junkies
- Understanding that brand awareness for sponsors can be very powerful on social media
- How to train and identify your teams digital cheer squad
- How sports teams need to take careful steps around breaking news
- Importance of monitoring social channels and craft message for fans that are upset
- How sports teams can use traditional media to attract more of their fans to their digital platforms
- Why the sports content business is now a 12 month game and what you need to plan for off-season content
- How far did Rocky Balboa run on that training run in Rocky II?
Resources from the episode
- Find James Rigby on Twitter (@JamesAJRigby) and Linkedin
- Follow @BluesRugbyTeam and like The Blues on Facebook
- #TrueBlueBox a hit with social media fans
- See True Blue HQ in action and infographic showing interaction with sponsor Barfoot & Thompson below.
- Find Jarrod Price on Twitter (@jarrodpr) and Linkedin
- Follow @BrisbaneLions and like Brisbane Lions on Facebook
- Brisbane Lions Welcome Leppa on Facebook
- How far did Rocky run in Rocky II?
- Check out Digital Cheer Squad, see how other teams are using it contact us to engage your fans and sponsors.
- Please leave a question for future Sports Geek Podcast via Speakpipe for Ask Sports Geek episode
- Sound of the Game from New York Yankees game in the 2011 #SportsGeekTrip
- Thanks to Broctune, Flavelson, @Patdavis3, InAllAirness for iTunes reviews in Australian iTunes and USA iTunes.
- Check out Beers, Blokes & Business podcast (BeersBlokesBusiness.com or iTunes or Stitcher)
Auckland Blues engage fans and sponsor with #TrueBlueHQ
On iTunes? Subscribe to the Sports Geek Podcast in iTunes, if you liked the episode please leave comment or rating. If you have a question for the podcast please leave it using Speakpipe plugin on the left of this page.
Search for “Sports Geek Podcast” on other podcast apps, please let us know if you can’t find it.