On this week’s podcast I chat with Michael Briggs from the Australian Rugby Union about how they engage Wallabies fans using social and digital. On ABC Grandstand I chat with Francis Leach about current stadium fan engagement debate between Vivek Ranadive and Mark Cuban.
Looking to improve your skills in social media? Come along to our Sports Geek Social Media One Day Educational on March 31st listen to podcast for promo code ($50 off).
On this podcast you’ll find out about:
- How the ARU engaged fans using Rugby Rewards
- The ARU partnership with Accenture delivered stats infographics in game to fans
- Why it was important for Wallabies to engage casual fans
- What effect 35,000 travelling British & Irish Lions fans have on social chatter
- What off season content strategy the ARU will employ in 2014
- Should fans use smartphones in stadiums?
- Which NRL team hit 200K Facebook fans this week
Like this episode? please leave a review in iTunes.
Resources from the episode
- Follow Michael Briggs @mick_83 on Twitter and on Linkedin
- Like the Wallabies on Facebook and follow @QantasWallabies on Twitter @australianrugbyunion on Instagram and more info on rugby.com.au
- Here is an example of match infographics via Twitter
- Some more info on Rugby Rewards
- Vivek Ranadive wants more technology in stadiums
- Mark Cuban’s response on Blog Maverick
- Listen to Dan Pinne on Melbourne Storm Cast on iTunes
- Ep #41 dedicated to Dirk Nowitski from Dallas Mavericks. I was lucky enough to see him score his 20,000th NBA point.
- Have you signed up for Sports Geek News? You missed this last week.
Social Media Post of the Week
Closing 2 Cents
Listening via iTunes?
Subscribe to the Sports Geek Podcast in iTunes, if you liked the episode please leave a review on iTunes and help spread the word on your networks. Thanks in advance.
Follow Sports Geek on Soundcloud, all episodes available.
See you at Sports Geek One Day Educational Social Media Workshop?
Find out how I used social media to build Sports Geek and what I teach sports teams to engage fans and sell memberships and tickets.
Listen to podcast for $50 discount promo code.
Find out more