On this episode of Sports Geek Podcast I chat with Leigh Ellis from NBA TVs The Starters on producing killer podcasts that helped them break into the NBA and we tap in with Kenton Olson from the Seattle Seahawks as they prepare for the NFL’s NFC Championship game.
On this podcast you’ll find out about:
- How a couple of Canadians and an Aussies ending up hosting a night NBA show
- Importance of diversifying your skills (and working hard) to break into sports business
- Why sports teams need to make sure their content is NOT BORING
- What planning goes into making The Starters work
- How the Seattle Seahawks are connecting fans around the world with their locker room
- How Seattle’s coach Pete Carroll was a big driver behind the I’m In activation
- Seattle fans rewarded via Twitter with a Starbucks Coffee
Like this episode? please leave a review in iTunes.
- Connect with Leigh Ellis on Twitter and Linkedin
- Check out The Starters on NBA TV, here’s a link to the episode Leigh was planning when we chatted.
- Like The Starters on Facebook and subscribe on iTunes
- The Basketball Jones former home on The Score including YouTube clips and on Wikipedia
- Dream Team Talk guys following similar steps to the The Basketball Jones with these promo videos for AFL Fantasy
- Connect with Kenton Olson on Twitter (@KentonO) and on Linkedin
- Like Seahawks on Facebook, follow @Seahawks on Twitter and @Seahawks on Instagram
- Check out ImIn.Seahawks.com nearly 25K FB shares via Shared Count (great tool to check any URL)
- Here is #hawkitecture discussed on the podcast with Kenton
- Sounds of the Game was from Melbourne Victory Vs Western Sydney Wanderers game
- Ep #34 dedicated to Chicago Bears Hall of Famer running back Walter Payton
- Thanks for iTunes reviews in Australian iTunes and USA iTunes.
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
Watch TBJ Show 1000 – Top 20 moments of TBJ
Watch Kenton’s panel from #SportsConf – Engaging Fans With Social In-Stadium
Social Media Post of the Week
Love this shot from @AustralianOpen Instagram account.
Send in your nominations for best social media post of the week – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vine… for whatever reason fan engagement, sponsorship activation, cool content….
Good luck to Seahawks Sunday
See you at #SBNight
When: 6pm January 21st
Where: HONEY Bar, 345 Clarendon Street South Melbourne
Grab your ticket at Eventbrite
Interplay Media sponsors #SBNight
Big thanks to James Spinks from Interplay Media for sponsoring #SBNight, we can now offer EVERY attendee a drink upon arrival to get networking underway.
Closing 2 Cents
Listening via iTunes?
Subscribe to the Sports Geek Podcast in iTunes, if you liked the episode please leave a review on iTunes and help spread the word on your networks. Thanks in advance.
Follow Sports Geek on Soundcloud, all episodes available.