In this Sports Geek Podcast we look at the power of the crowds online for content and potentially funding new projects. We discuss motorsport with Ford Brown from V8 Supercars getting ready for Bathurst 1000. Facebook have changed the rules once again, are you up to date? We also profile what must be the world’s smallest Instagram project from Projecteo. Find out what new project has hit the podcast community.
More specifically, in this podcast you’ll find out about:
- How fans can power your content plan
- How grass roots sports can leverage crowd funding boom
- Why V8 Supercars turned to fans to tell the story of Bathurst 1000
- How Facebook promotion guidelines will affect sports teams
- What is Beers, Blokes & Business? Why you should listen.
- How to show off your best Instagram shots old school style
Resources from the episode
- Find Ford Brown on Twitter (@FordBrown) and Linkedin
- Watch the Our Mountain video for Bathurst 1000
- Watch The Chosen One video from V8 Supercars
- Watch Bathurst 1000 on October 10-13
- Check out Carlton #Believe campaign
- On Facebook? You are the product
- Facebook Timeline Promotions Are Now Legal: What You Need to Know via @JonLoomer
- Crowdfunding? Look at Pozible, Kickstarter and Sportaroo
- Support The Women’s Game Sportaroo funding project
- Check out Beers, Blokes & Business podcast (BeersBlokesBusiness.com or iTunes or Stitcher)
- Get your own Projecteo projector at GetProjecteo.com
- Listen to SGP 013, my presentation at SEAT with Philippe Dore from NASCAR
Here is how small Projecteo projector actually is…
On iTunes? Subscribe to the Sports Geek Podcast in iTunes, if you liked the episode please leave comment or rating.
If you have a question for the podcast please leave it using Speakpipe plugin on the left of this page.
Search for “Sports Geek Podcast” on other podcast apps, please let us know if you can’t find it.