In this episode the tables are turned with Blair Hughes from Audio Boom interviews Sean Callanan you will learn about:
- Where Sean's passion for sports comes from
- How Sports Geek business card idea came about
- How Sean nearly started working in sports in 1993
- Why Sean was behind the first AFL Club TV show – Bulldogs TV
- How a USA sports trip was a big reason behind #SportsGeekTrip
- A look back at Mountain West data analysis project
- Why Sean barracks for Collingwood
- How Sean secured first Sports Geek clients back in 2010
- Please count how many times Blair says Fan Engagement 😉
- How the skills of digital teams has seen Sean working more with ticketing and sponsorship teams
- How community radio helped build skills for podcasting and radio
- Why Sean is thrilled that Sports Geek clients are amongst the most avid listeners to the podcast
- Why Sean is blown away from listener emails
- Why podcasting is getting so much press right now
- How Sean is looking forward to pushes more into podcasting
- What exactly is CHUNKY media?
- Wait for Sean's rant on fan engagement
Resources from the podcast
- Thanks again to Blair Hughes for interview connect with him on Twitter @mrblairhughes and on Linkedin
- Read more of Blair's thoughts on Fan Engagement at MrBlairHughes.com
- Follow Blair on Snapchat mrblairhughes
- Blair works for Audio Boom, you can find Sports Geek Podcast
- Here is the Pat Flynn recipe used to get Sports Geek Podcast started, listen to more at Beers, Blokes & Business podcast
- Check out CHUNKY media and follow co-founder Steve Vallas on Twitter @stevevallas
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
- Have you joined the world's largest #SportsBiz Slack Community?
From the Vault Bulldogs TV
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek
Listen to Sports Geek
Thanks for the review on iTunes
in iTunes by Luke Malcher from UK
Thank you Sean for brining together some of the most influential people in Digital Sports to share their insights, methods and opinions. Immensely informative. A fantastic podcast. Keep them coming!
Join Sports Geek Nation
Sports Geek Nation Slack is now restricted to paid members only. If you wish to join the community, go to SportsGeekNation.com to join our wait list and be the first to know when subscription doors will open again.