Been a busy few weeks at Sports Geek, last weekend at the SCG I caught up with LA Dodgers Social Media Manager Josh Tucker who was in town for Opening Series. AJ Maestas from Navigate Research for a chat about his study into sports and social media fans.
On this podcast you’ll find out about:
- How Josh manages Twitter and engages Dodger fans
- The importance of using favorite button on Twitter
- What tools Josh uses to manage Dodgers social accounts
- Why engagement is the metric of importance in MLB
- How sponsors are clamouring to be involved with sports teams social media
- How fans are influenced by sports teams and athletes
- The importance of understanding the value of social media in sponsorship
Like this episode? please leave a review in iTunes.
Resources from the episode
- Connect with Josh Tucker on Twitter (@joshbtucker) and on Linkedin
- Connect with LA Dodgers on Twitter @Dodgers, Instagram @Dodgers, Vine (@Dodgers) and Facebook
- Connect with Alanna Rizzo on Twitter (@alannarizzo)
- It was great to meet Dodgers broadcasting legend Vin Scully at the SCG
- Connect with AJ Maestas on Linkedin
- Check out the Social Media Scoreboard as discussed with AJ
- Ep #44 dedicated to Laker legend Jerry West check out the video below.
- Have you signed up for Sports Geek News? You missed this last week.
Social Media Post of the Week
Nice slow motion video work by Josh on @Dodgers Twitter and Vine accounts.
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) March 22, 2014
Watch Jerry West teach kids how to shoot
Jerry West “I haven’t shot a basketball in years”
Closing 2 Cents
Marcia Hines did a terrific job singing the national anthem at the SCG Opening Series but then made this mistake on Twitter. She confused former Australian Cricket captain Ian Chappell (pictured) with former English Captain Tony Greig (deceased in 2012) it went viral on Twitter. Always know who you are tweeting about.
Listening via iTunes?
Subscribe to the Sports Geek Podcast in iTunes, if you liked the episode please leave a review on iTunes and help spread the word on your networks. Thanks in advance.
Follow Sports Geek on Soundcloud, all episodes available.