On the mend from achilles surgery, in this week’s Sports Geek Podcast we chat to Robert Squillacioti about how the @Socceroos are connecting with mainstream Australia over 3 weeks trying to qualify for World Cup 2014. Since the NHL Finals we go back into our ABC Grandstand archive with our chat with Dewayne Hankins who at the time was working at AEG Sports with the @LAKings.
Thanks again for the feedback, tag your tweets #SGP I’ve included some of your feedback on the Sports Geek Podcast page.
More specifically, in this podcast you’ll find out about:
- How the Socceroos are using digital to connect with mainstream Australia
- Importance of understanding your audience around major events
- Importance of understanding where digital fits when complementing sports TV coverage
- Why the LA Kings took on the undertag into last year’s playoffs
- How LA Kings used Twitter to develop a loud minority online
- How the LA Kings dealt with the NHL Lockout with no access to players
- Hashtags on Facebook, what effect will it have on sports?
- A look at how the Melbourne Storm are using Twitter Ads
- Find Rob Squillacioti on Twitter (@robsquilla) and Linkedin
- Find Dewayne Hankins on Twitter (@dewaynehankins) and Linkedin
- Find Pat Donahue Jr on Twitter(@patatack)
- #SocceroosChat on with skipper Lucas Neill
- Follow @Socceroos and #GoSocceroos hashtag
- LA Kings go hard in the playoffs
- 20 best tweets from @LAKings Stanley Cup run
- What brands need to understand about #hashtags on Facebook
On iTunes? Subscribe to the Sports Geek Podcast in iTunes, if you liked the episode please leave comment or rating.
Search for “Sports Geek Podcast” on other podcast apps, please let me know if you can’t find it.
Thanks for tuning in, I’d love your feedback in the comments or send me a tweet @seancallanan