Who is Sean Callanan?
Sean understands the sports digital landscape. Connecting sports, fans & sponsors using technology is his mission. Sports Geek is connected with over 5,000,000 Facebook fans with clients in the NBA, AFL, NRL & Cricket.
You can hear him on Sports Geek Podcast,the top ranking sports digital podcast on iTunes and Stitcher. See him live at sports & digital conferences in Australia, New Zealand & USA. He is a steering committee member for SEAT Conference driving the digital track.
Sean founded Beers, Blokes & Business podcast which is currently #1 Business podcast in Australia. Another successful side project was the Super Awesome Micro Project, which Sean was a patron and drove the digital and social initiatives with the project that garnered major media attention from Mashable, Wired, NBC & BBC as well as over 3 million YouTube views in 5 days.
Need a speaker or panel for your conference?
Sean is available to speak on sports digital marketing and how sports and sponsors alike can connect with fans using technology, digital & social media as well as digital trends and how business can develop passionate fans like sports teams.
Please contact us to book Sean for your conference.
Some presentations are available on our Slideshare channel.
Speaking experience includes:
- SEAT Conference 2011 (Los Angeles), 2012 (Boston), 2013 (Kansas City), 2014 (Miami), 2015 (San Francisco)
- Our Sporting Future (Gold Coast 2015)
- SEAT London (2015 Lord’s Cricket Ground)
- A-League Marketing Conference (2013, 2014)
- PeSA Internet Conference (Gold Coast 2015)
- World Trotting Conference (Sydney 2015)
- Digital Sport London (2014)
- ad-tech 2012 (Sydney & Melbourne)
- Australian Racing Conference 2013
- Asia Pacific World Sport and Women Conference 2012 (Melbourne)
- Sports Business Summit 2012 Sydney
- Twitter Brekky 2012 (Melbourne & Sydney)
- Sports Business NZ 2012 (Auckland)
- Sport is Fantastic 2010 (Sydney & Auckland)
Can you present a keynote with no voice?
As scary as it sounds, you can just like I did when faced with the prospect at SEAT in Miami in 2014.
Read more about it on my Linkedin post
Here are the slides that allowed me to “speak”
Here is what I can present (with a voice)
Luckily my voice returned to moderate several panels and present my keynote presentation, here is the opening.
— Kevin Cote (@kcote) July 22, 2014
Listen to Sean Callanan
Listen to Sean Callanan on Sports Geek Podcast with guests from sports around the world.
- Digital with Kevin Kinghorn of the Vancouver Canucks - 27 Mar 2017
- Bonus Episode: “The value of the big 3” Sean Callanan keynote - 06 Mar 2017
- #AskSportsGeek show - 27 Feb 2017
- Zach Monette on inspiring a global fan base through pro cycling - 20 Feb 2017
- Talking Facebook and Sports with Jacob Berman - 13 Feb 2017
Listen to Sean Callanan host Beers, Blokes & Business Podcast with some savvy business blokes.
- 090: Sneaky podcast for Sneaky Surf - 05 Mar 2016
- 089: Robert Mond – Behind the scenes of independent movie business - 14 Sep 2015
- 088: Hacking your way to media coverage - 07 Sep 2015
- 087: Sports Geek Trip - 31 Aug 2015
- 086: Grace – A Crowdfunding Road Trip starring an Ice Cream Truck - 24 Aug 2015
Watch Sean working with Minnesota Timberwolves
This was from 2011 NBA Draft where Sean assisted with NBA Draft activation using Digital Cheer Squad (then known as Sports DP), this was on the live draft show.
Connect with Sean Callanan
I’m all about connecting, please connect with me on the platform you use (or all of them).
Sean Callanan on Linkedin – Send me an invite to LinkedIn [AT] sportsgeek.com.au
On PinterestSean Callanan
Old school – email
Email – sean [AT] sportsgeekhq.com
Call me maybe
Mobile (AUS): +61407047200