On this podcast you'll learn about:
- How the Fortnite Summer Smash come about and their preparations for its launch at the Australian Open
- Tennis Australia's partnership with Epic
- How did they measure the success of Fortnite Summer Smash event
- What they have learned from the audience who attended the event
- The difference in staging a sports broadcast event and an esports broadcast event
- How did tennis benefit from the esports partnership
Listen to Money in Esports #3 – Rob O'Gorman – Tennis Australia & Fortnite Summer Smash
Rob O'Gorman on the difference in broadcasting tennis and esports
Tennis does go longer but I think in the sense that the beauty of it [esports broadcasting] is that there's actually opportunities to add value to the coverage going forward.
I think the sportscasters are a thousand times better than traditional sports commentators because their knowledge and ability to fill on the fly is extraordinary.
Rob O'Gorman, Manager of Production at Tennis Australia
Resources from the podcast
- Connect with Rob O'Gorman on Twitter @robogorman and LinkedIn
- Follow Tennis Australia on Twitter @TennisAustralia, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube and LinkedIn
- Follow Australian Open on Twitter @AustralianOpen, Facebook, Instagram and Youtube
- Some related articles about Tennis Australia you might want to read:
- Some Sports Geek episodes you might be interested in:
- Download the SG Esports Connecting brands with esports report here
- Need help with your team or athlete's digital? Go to Sports Geek Social Media Athlete Training
- Learn more about Sports Geek's Digital to Dollars process
- Loved this podcast episode? Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts
- Join Sports Geek Nation to connect with sports business executives across the world
SG Esports MEO Tour Saturday
Join SG Esports & Gravitas founder Sean Callanan and ex pro gamer & our GM of Esports Brandon Defina for a tour of Melbourne Esports Open to learn more about the world of esports.
Limited spots available with guided tour to check out all activations and stages across Melbourne & Olympic Parks.
The 45 minute tour starts at Saturday August 31st 2019 at 10am at the Gravitas Fan Booth in the JB Hi-Fi Game On Zone.
Tour includes a Weekend 2-day Ground Pass with access MEO across both days.
Don’t want a guided tour just want a ticket to Melbourne Esports Open?
Thanks for the review on Apple Podcasts
Must Listen Sports Podcast
★★★★★ in Apple Podcasts by Willy Carter from Australia on March 26, 2017
This podcast provides great insight into the digital aspect of global sport. The interviews cover a range of topics all relevant to the off-field aspect of sport. Not a week passes without listening to an episode and a must subscribe for anyone working in the business side of sport. Highly recommend if you want to keep your finger on the pulse!!!
Listen to Sports Geek
Support our content efforts on Patreon
As Sean Callanan, founder of Sports Geek and host of the Sports Geek podcast has mentioned on the podcast before: “The podcast is for my clients of Sports Geek – past, current & future”. It has also been a tremendous channel to grow the Sports Geek client roster.
What we didn't see coming was the tremendous support from the sports business industry from around the world. We've had emails, DMs, tweets come in from listeners from all over who continue to listen and support all Sports Geek content.
Each month here is the sports business content we deliver:
- Sports Geek podcast interviews – weekly deep-dive interviews with sports executives sharing best practice and case studies
- #SportsBizZoom Calls – networking Zoom calls with sports business executives
- Sports Geek News – a weekly curated email by Sean Callanan all the sports business, marketing & technology articles you may have missed.
Our Patreon campaign gives YOU a chance to support our efforts in producing content for the sports business world through podcasts, guides and email newsletters.
PLEASE CHECK OUT AND SUPPORT THE BUSINESSES BELOW