Watch Jim first
Read his suggestions for some simple fixes to clean up our SEO.
What did we do to fix SEO issues?
Following Jim’s lead I produced a quick YouTube video explaining what I did.
Fixing the problems included the following:
- Removing plugins redirecting 404 errors to my very savvy WTF page they were causing issues with sitemap
- Built a custom 404 page with my distracting rainbow if someone does get a 404.
- Update Yoast SEO Plugin to remove tag & category from sitemap
- Removed social media slideshow that was autoplaying YouTube clips in Jim’s video
- Changes the Title on Sports Geek home page
- Started project to reduce the amount of 404s Google is seeing
Follow Jim for more SEO goodness
— Sean Callanan (@seancallanan) June 24, 2014